The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Motleyxstripe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 28/11/2011 : 22:05:07
If you x a visual stripe to a motley will you get stripes and motleys come out. ive been told the motley gene is the link between the two patterns but wanna know if ill get stripes and motleys come out
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 30/11/2011 : 20:28:35
just to confuse things further, even though there is no motley stripe there IS striped motley which can used for a motley that looks stripey (and again has nothing to do with the genetics)
marc_sg Posted - 29/11/2011 : 22:43:51
Right ok i think i get it now thank you. is there a book that i can buy just about genetics for corns like they have for royals
gmac Posted - 29/11/2011 : 22:38:54
no you cant get both, to get visual stripes both snakes would need to carry the stripe gene, as one is stripe and the other motley you will get visual motley but they arent genetically motley they are HET motley stripe.

And no there is no such thing as a motley stripe it is het motley stripe.
marc_sg Posted - 29/11/2011 : 22:31:58
Im confused. ive got a visual stripe. and a motley. can i get both cone out or will they be motley het stripes. also i was told that there was no such thing as a motley stripe i just thought it was linked to the motley gene
eeji Posted - 29/11/2011 : 21:51:31
...and a het motley stripe is visually a motley. Any striping (as on gmacs photo) has nothing to do with the stripe gene being present.
ScalySituation Posted - 29/11/2011 : 08:49:09
ooooh pwetty :)
gmac Posted - 28/11/2011 : 22:22:48
nope you will get het motley stripes. Is the same as most other morphs both genes must be present to create a visual.

phot below is a het motley stripe picture for me is better than words

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000