The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Corn snake morphs aren't natural.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
btcc11 Posted - 29/08/2011 : 22:59:16
Okay, obvious statement I here you say!

You're completely right but I was thinking if your snake lets say butter morph escaped wouldn't it die much easier without the proper camouflage?

And if it did survive by chance what if it bred with other corns and there was a population of wild butters? Couldn't that potentially destroy corn snakes in the wild by making them more bright?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
btcc11 Posted - 01/09/2011 : 13:26:20
Oh I forgot the T, excuse my while I cry(I'm a bit of a grammar freak)
mikerichards Posted - 01/09/2011 : 09:06:46
quote:
Originally posted by btcc11

Wow I've learn so much these past two days :D I'm feeling like a snake expert :P

Are you sure????

quote:
Originally posted by btcc11

What? I used learnt correctly, that sentence wouldn't work with learned.

It was me that used learned incorrectly, hence my second post!
btcc11 Posted - 01/09/2011 : 04:03:38
What? I used learnt correctly, that sentence wouldn't work with learned.
mikerichards Posted - 31/08/2011 : 22:03:07
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:
Originallleay posted by btcc11

Wow I've learnt so much these past two days :D I'm feeling like a snake expert :P

Theres another string to your bow!!

And theres one for mine!
mikerichards Posted - 31/08/2011 : 22:02:21
quote:
Originallleay posted by btcc11

Wow I've learned so much these past two days :D I'm feeling like a snake expert :P

Theres another string to your bow!!
btcc11 Posted - 31/08/2011 : 11:46:51
Wow I've learn so much these past two days :D I'm feeling like a snake expert :P
mikerichards Posted - 31/08/2011 : 08:47:47
albino doesnt mean its white, just that its lacking a pigment. Technically an anery is an albino too, sometimes refered to as a black albino.
btcc11 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 23:26:27
I wouldn't know I'v never owned/seen an albino except for online, I'm wondering why they call them albinos because they're not completely white.
mikerichards Posted - 30/08/2011 : 23:24:09
Also something you may notice, albinos and other less camoflaged snakes tend to be more aggressive, more defensive because they are easily seen.
btcc11 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 23:15:22
quote:
and as for 'Corn snake morphs aren't natural' being an obvious statement, surely the opposite is true? base-morphs in particular certainly are natural! where do wyou think they came from initially? a test tube?

You're so right, I hadn't thought of that.
eeji Posted - 30/08/2011 : 22:59:07
ahhhhhhhh now it makes sense! :D can you tell i don't do orrible corn? :)
gingerpony Posted - 30/08/2011 : 21:45:56

eej, how can that not look like belly chequers???

but why aren't they called 'maize snakes'??
gingerpony Posted - 30/08/2011 : 21:33:24
when you see the old cobs with yellow, orange, brown, black chequers..........like they have in american movies......and presumably in america lol, NOT like the ones from the supermarkets here or from KFC!
eeji Posted - 30/08/2011 : 21:20:35
i've always wondered why people think the cornsnakes belly looks like corn on the cob, I really can't see the resemblence
gingerpony Posted - 30/08/2011 : 20:54:18
another possible reason for their naming is the ventral appearance (belly) of a wild-type corn resembling what we call a 'corn on the cob'

and as for 'Corn snake morphs aren't natural' being an obvious statement, surely the opposite is true? base-morphs in particular certainly are natural! where do wyou think they came from initially? a test tube?
all selectively breeding for double-, triple-, quadruple-trait morphs has done is speed up natural evolution. the chances of finding another morph to mate with in the wild is relatively slim compared to human intervention matching morphs at will
Spreebok Posted - 30/08/2011 : 19:00:20
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

... I do know why they are called corn snakes...Most corn I've seen is a shade of yellow.

Think it's because they were mostly (or thought to be mostly) found in and around the corn fields in north America (think it's north lol) where they would eat the mice and such.

Not as funny as the milk snake, which (As far as I know/have read) was named because people believed they would drink milk from cows udders
Sta~ple Posted - 30/08/2011 : 18:11:21
... I do know why they are called corn snakes...Most corn I've seen is a shade of yellow. Although the shade of the dirt does make more sense, didn't think of that XD plus with the op's example of the butter morphs, they would blend in better with the corn :P

I think I have dumb blonde moments.
Simmy_82 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 16:05:20
Arent they called Corn Snakes because they are generally found around Corn Stores (where rodents are mostly found). They red and orange colours i imagine come red dirt in those regions (generally means high iron content)?
btcc11 Posted - 30/08/2011 : 15:51:07
Blends in with the corn.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/08/2011 : 10:04:14
I did write a big long speech but cut it, hope I don't sound dumb! Why are most the wild cornsnakes a reddy orange colour, I mean, is there a lot of plants and rocks in merkin land that are reddy orange as you often see wild photos of them in trees against bright green...to me it seems virtually any colour corn has almost the same surviual chance because of this.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000