The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Ice?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 09/07/2011 : 10:08:58
So theres someone in Dundee selling what she is calling Ice corn hatchlings. She says the person who sold her the breeding adults told her they were Ice corns...

What is an ice corn? I have been looking it up and so far I have read that they are Anerythristic + Lava? Is that right?

Just I had never heard of Ice corns, the hatchlings are pink with white on them. I didnt wanna put a pic of them on here as was unsure of the correct procedures for asking to use the pics etc. (To be honest I was looking on Gumtree cos I was bored and came across them so I hardly think shes gonna agree to me showing you guys pics)

If they are what she claims what is a reasonable price for them? She is looking at £35 each.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 11/07/2011 : 14:30:54
they look like snows to me looking at the pictures of them then the ice corn link ( didny even lnow you could get ice corns but o well...)
crazzykaz Posted - 09/07/2011 : 23:47:40
It looks like a very small version of mine and mine is just a yearling
Spreebok Posted - 09/07/2011 : 17:19:49
Yearlings? They're weeny! But then, I suppose I'm used to snakeonsteroids Lister :P
tordyjo Posted - 09/07/2011 : 15:53:33
those ices, look stunning as adults
Mamma Posted - 09/07/2011 : 13:48:10
My initial thought when I saw the ad was that they were snows. Like I said I have emailed her but I doubt she will email me back. Im not planning on buying one, but just wanted to know what Ice's should look like as I was tempted to say to her they looked like snows. I doubt she would have listened to me anyhoo.

Thanks eeji
eeji Posted - 09/07/2011 : 13:30:21
£35 for yearling Ice is very cheap, and gumtree (as well as preloved) has a reputation for scammers and people who just plain don't know what they are doing.

The snakes in that ad have red eyes so are definitely not Ice corns (ice have dark eyes), they look pretty much like snows to me.

heres what they should look like if they were what they are being sold as: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/ice_ghost/
Mamma Posted - 09/07/2011 : 13:05:48
yeah thats the one! I thought they were snows too!
kdlang Posted - 09/07/2011 : 13:03:49
http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/two-corn-snake-yearlings-for-sale/83563976

Is that the one?

They look like young snows to me although I could be wrong. The Ice corns on Ians viv have black eyes but the ones in the ad look like they have red eyes. Nice snakes tho
Mamma Posted - 09/07/2011 : 12:12:22
I dunno if links to gumtree are allowed on here. Just put gumtree... snakes... dundee in it was posted yesterday xx

I emailed her to ask for pics of the parents so will see if she gets back to me. Im just interested in seeing what they look like as adults
tordyjo Posted - 09/07/2011 : 11:48:28
can you put a link to gumtree - we could look at them that way, i'm curious now to know what they look like, am gonna do a gumtree search
Mamma Posted - 09/07/2011 : 10:27:10
My bad sorry.. they are yearlings, not hatchlings. Very small looking but she claims they were fussy feeders to begin with hence why they are small

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000