The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Heres one for you all!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikerichards Posted - 17/06/2010 : 12:10:25
Have a guess, its not one you see very often!

Entries on a postcard!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 14/07/2011 : 16:02:24
i can do more pics, however, i dont have anything else that is a little 'different'!!!
HERICUS Posted - 13/07/2011 : 20:03:32
wouldnt be a T+ by any chance would it??

;) like id know that!?!?!?!
nice snake tho, would love to see more pics if possible.
stotty01 Posted - 12/07/2011 : 20:42:41
is it a orange corn snake....not as in kehhlyrs meaning but as in the morph :P
eeji Posted - 12/07/2011 : 18:49:01
quote:
Originally posted by Cornsnakeluver127

all right not all of us can speak the secret lanuage og morphs so spit it out what is T plus

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

t+ is tyrosinase positive which means tyrosinase enzymes are present so the animal still produces melanin (black pigment) so the albinos can still show shades of black.
regular amelanistic is t- (tyrosinase negative) which means tyrosinase is totally absent so its impossible to produce melanin.

Ultra is a form of t+ albino because its on the amelanistic locus in the chromosome but is still able to produce melanin. There's been lots of debate as to whether t+ is actually ultra or ultramel - the last I heard (quite a while ago now - i must keep up!) there was still test breeding to regular amel to see what happened.

Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 12/07/2011 : 11:28:25
all right not all of us can speak the secret lanuage og morphs so spit it out what is T plus
n/a Posted - 25/06/2010 : 23:11:24
tells = i figured.. omg i should stay away from posting while ****ed tbh...
n/a Posted - 25/06/2010 : 23:09:20
I would have guessed Sunkissed lava, but something tells me its a bit more difficult than that ;)
inkiepixie Posted - 21/06/2010 : 20:59:49
I am completely lost with most of this conversation, but I actually know the woman who runs Messybeast in real life and she's very thorough with her research so she's probably right
mikerichards Posted - 21/06/2010 : 18:28:39
It can get confusing when you start crossing things that havent really been done to a great degree! t+ ultra is a project worth doing!
i have a female Ultramel anery!
luke1989 Posted - 21/06/2010 : 17:43:37
................... confusing .............
eeji Posted - 18/06/2010 : 21:25:39
that definetly has to be a future project, ultra t+! :D
mikerichards Posted - 18/06/2010 : 19:20:41
I have both, they are different, there is no black on the t+, what looks like black on the saddle borders is actually faint purple. The ultra has small amounts off black, and quite different eye color too, pics tomorrow.
eeji Posted - 18/06/2010 : 19:00:03
t+ is tyrosinase positive which means tyrosinase enzymes are present so the animal still produces melanin (black pigment) so the albinos can still show shades of black.
regular amelanistic is t- (tyrosinase negative) which means tyrosinase is totally absent so its impossible to produce melanin.

Ultra is a form of t+ albino because its on the amelanistic locus in the chromosome but is still able to produce melanin. There's been lots of debate as to whether t+ is actually ultra or ultramel - the last I heard (quite a while ago now - i must keep up!) there was still test breeding to regular amel to see what happened.
Kellog Posted - 18/06/2010 : 11:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

It's orange and red, with flecks of white and small bits of black underneath.

Far to easy.

You are getting too predictable Kehhlyr !!!

I wouldnt have a clue as I dont even attempt to guess at the easiest morphs....but am not surprised Eeji got it right (would have been a shock if he hadnt ).

It is so hard to believe it is a type of albino....I know it is stereotypical but you always think of albinos as white with red eyes, which I know it totally wrong in snake terms.

Found this quote when I googled Albino - 'Albinism is due to various gene mutations that affect the production of normal pigmentation. True (amelanistic) albinos lack melanin and are white with no markings and with unpigmented pink eyes. Partial (blue-eyed) albinos have some residual pigmentation. There are various degrees of patchy albinism (piebaldism) due to localised mutations in skin cells........

Bluish-grey anerythristic albinos lack the red colour. Axanthic albinos lack the yellow colour. The actual colour and pattern of these animal depends on what other colours are in the pattern. Tyrosinase-negative albinos lack tyrosinase (an enzyme which synthesises melanin) in their cells; this usually produces a pale yellowish or cream animal with pink-eyes. The more common Tyrosinase Positive albino cannot synthesise melanin, but can synthesise tyrosinase, giving a fawn or lavender (platinum) colour.'......but then the site showed this pic of an 'albino' rat snake - http://www.messybeast.com/albinism/alb-reptile.htm. Are they right that it is an albino or wrong?

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/06/2010 : 22:39:10
I forgot about the eyes because they look a deep red in the pics.
mikerichards Posted - 17/06/2010 : 22:08:22
I am not entirely sure how t+ works, its a different type of albino, I think t- is regular albino. Its t+ or - something, I can't remember.
mikerichards Posted - 17/06/2010 : 22:05:08
T+ works in weird ways, they eyes shouldn't be black on an amel either!
Although the pic shows them as a little red, they aren't.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/06/2010 : 19:16:10
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

Im gonna guess at a sunkissed ultramel. Deffently some kind of amel as there is no black. My only other thoughts wew a fire or lava?

Amel wouldn't have black on the belly checkers.
luke1989 Posted - 17/06/2010 : 19:14:12
what is t+? MORE GUESSING GAMES PLEASE :D:D
mikerichards Posted - 17/06/2010 : 19:09:06
I was expecting you to get it eeji!
It is indeed a t+.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000