The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Possible breeding project?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/06/2010 : 10:16:44
For a long time i wanted to start a breeding project that could end up in something no one else is working with and i have been thinking about a jet black corn, but when i saw on one of the american forums that someone already was working on it and was alredy on generation 4 i scrapped that idea. No way im gonna be able to catch up there.

So due to the lack of sleep i think, the albino topic gave me an idea or rather reminded me of one i had a while back but never got started. Now im thinking that i should give it a try, and i have a decent idea how to do it, but im not 100% sure yet, so please let me know if you find flaws in the plan.

I want to try to create a "new" morph or rather a morph of a morph that has a pure white, glossy background like the blizzard and with bright yellow sadles. The idea im working with is a Dilute Blizzard selective bred for yellow pigment... Im using dilute to enhance the yellow and there are no other colors it can mess with.

As i know that blizzards have pattern even though it isnt visible to the eye most of the time, shouldnt it be possible to go this way?:

Breed a dilute sunglow amel to a dilute charcoal. Offspring should be Dilute 100% het for Blizzard if im not wrong.
After breeding those, take the young that show most yellow pigmentation and breed those.

A friend suggested using a fire instead of the sunglow to get more orange (and with that more xanthin), but that would take away the whole point (i want a lot of yellow pattern on these snakes).

Thinking about it, it could end up looking nice with a stripe version of that snake...

Can anyone figure out another way to go or find a problem in this plan, please post ;)

/Magnus
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/06/2010 : 00:48:54
thats still one hell of alot of corns fella! must be a busy boy keeping up with them all!
n/a Posted - 12/06/2010 : 23:44:04
No, not yet. Think i miss like 12 or something, but i still have 16 clutches in the incubator. Sold a lot though so im back down to under 300... I suck (and brittish beer rock)!!!
n/a Posted - 12/06/2010 : 23:31:22
magnus, what number of babies you up to now? have you hit 500?!
n/a Posted - 12/06/2010 : 21:54:36
Aye! thats what im thinking :)
Im not doing anything good with my free time anyhow, so why not spend the next 10 years on this?
eeji Posted - 12/06/2010 : 13:22:41
another way around this would be to try and make a candycane version of butter. It would take quite a while to get the look you want (as does any selective breeding project) but I think it would be well worth it :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000