The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Albino

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
inkiepixie Posted - 11/06/2010 : 10:29:03
Is there a true albino morph, that has no pigmentation whatsoever?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
inkiepixie Posted - 12/06/2010 : 12:54:28
Most informative; thank you :)
eeji Posted - 11/06/2010 : 20:59:25
albino mammals are white because they only have one pigment (melanin) - corns have three colours - melanin (black), erythrin (red), and xanthin (yellow) so strictly speaking an albino corn only needs to be lacking in one of these.
Sta~ple Posted - 11/06/2010 : 13:01:03
I always thought the white snakes were the albinos but that's possibly because you see white fluffy animals with bright pink eyes.

I've heard of anerys being referred to as black albinos.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/06/2010 : 12:38:43
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

The whiteout I think is bred from a charcoal corn so the yellow is greatly reduced anyway. A good charcoal has no yellow, so a good whiteout will have a lot less yellow.

Blizzards are also bred from charcoals.
A blizzard is Amel + Charcoal and whiteout Amel + Charcoal + Diffused.
matty18714 Posted - 11/06/2010 : 11:51:19
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

True albinos are the amels, all albino means is no black pigment.

Albino means an absence of a pigment, it doesnt have to be black pigment. An amel is an example of a "Red albino". An anery corn is still an albino, but its a "Black albino".
inkiepixie Posted - 11/06/2010 : 11:48:52
No, a true albino has no colour at all. Amels simply lack melanin, which is the pigment that produces dark colours (and give white humans a tan).

I was also wondering if an albino corn snake would be pink or white...?
mikerichards Posted - 11/06/2010 : 11:15:13
True albinos are the amels, all albino means is no black pigment.
Blizzards and whiteouts are a combination of amelanistic and anerythristic, amel gets rid of all blacks and anery gets rid of all reds, so you are left with a white snake that has a faint yellow pigment. Some snakes have been selectively bred to reduce the yellow, I have a male blizzard who was selectively bred by serpenco to get rid of the yellows, but he still does have faint yellow under his chin.
The whiteout I think is bred from a charcoal corn so the yellow is greatly reduced anyway. A good charcoal has no yellow, so a good whiteout will have a lot less yellow.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/06/2010 : 10:49:53
Amels are sometimes reffered to as red albinos but other than that i don't think there is an albino morph.

Blizzards and whiteouts are all white with red eyes though.
Dan-sunkist Posted - 11/06/2010 : 10:40:59
never seen one all the ones i have seen will have some sort of marking although i have seen some that are so faint you wouldnt know they had any markings

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000