The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not a reptile but I just had to share her with you

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kellog Posted - 26/05/2010 : 04:23:46
Some of you may know I lost my dog, Woody, on Good Friday, after a horrible few days of waiting to see if she would recover....so for the first time in my life I was dog less and it felt like the life had left the house - I hated it. 10 days later we had a new family member and my OH's comment was that he had also got his wife back !

So meet Peanut (our first dog was Snoopy, Woody's real name was Woodstock, so this one just had to be called Peanut....although unfortunately I doubt many will get the reasoning for it - I am showing my age!)

We got her from Battersea Old Windsor, she was a stray and had been in kennels for coming up to a month. She is a Jack russel cross who knows what , probably just under 3yrs old....and I keep waiting for the bubble to burst .

12th April 2010 - the day we got her!

15th April 2010

Hopefully you can understand why I have fallen in love with her and as I type (at nearly 4.30am) she is curled up at my feet fast asleep - smelling slightly as she decided to take a dip in the local pond when the kids took her for a walk!!! Dont you just love dogs !!

xxx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 16/06/2010 : 13:22:19
n'awww bless him.... hope he gets there soon (at least a lil better) to have his kiddie life back school etc and of course so you can breath a sigh of relief
*hugs* :)

just remember nothing is forever.. it has to get better soon
Kellog Posted - 16/06/2010 : 06:46:23
Thanks Lee and JJ....unfortunately it is an ongoing battle with unstable type 1 diabetes and a 12yr old (nearly 13) boy who doesnt look after himself as well as he should and hates it when you remind him of things!! But hopefully we are getting there....it just would be so good to get him back to school - I have lost count of the days he has missed and he has been off since half-term. Poor kid is bored stiff and only surviving cos of Xbox with COD and Facebook!! Way too much screen time for my liking but then I can understand why he needs it....

xxx
stotty01 Posted - 14/06/2010 : 19:06:10
i love jack russels ive got one :) there soo hyper but cool :) when i first showed him the snake he was like meh boring XD
crazy JJ Posted - 14/06/2010 : 14:26:43
n'aww bless him
ooo hope your son is ok though
lee2308 Posted - 14/06/2010 : 14:16:11
hope your sons ok,nothing too serious i hope
Kellog Posted - 14/06/2010 : 05:12:36
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

sorry to hear of the loss of your other dog but this one is a cracker,im a big fan of terriers and shes lovley.

Thanks Lee. I still cant believe how easily she has settled in and she is so bright. Have never had a terrier before, always had collie crosses and we do actually wonder if there is some collie in her going by the way she looks and acts sometimes. She obviously feels at home now and feels secure. No more jumping up on the worktop or table or chewing things....and she is becoming better about not shooting out of the front door whenever it opens. She is even beginning to learn not to pull on the lead. Think it will be a while before we can let her off though....she is too easily distracted that we even have trouble with recall in the garden so I dread to think what it would be like in the park or elsewhere!

I just know my life isnt the same without a dog and I honestly didnt believe Woody could be replaced so easily, but Peanut has fitted right in as though she has always been here. She did go absolutely crazy yesterday morning though, had to spend the night in hospital with my son and it is the first time she has been separated from me....she was nibbling my toes and jumping up and as soon as I sat down she was on my lap like a shot - which she knows isnt allowed! She hasnt let me out of her sight since .

xxx
lee2308 Posted - 13/06/2010 : 13:35:27
sorry to hear of the loss of your other dog but this one is a cracker,im a big fan of terriers and shes lovley.
mrsT Posted - 13/06/2010 : 12:41:51
aww what a sweet dog.we got our dog - Zak from Battersea at Old Windsor.So many lovely dogs there it was hard to come away with just one
n/a Posted - 27/05/2010 : 18:15:47
She is Beautiful Ju!
xXx
Kellog Posted - 27/05/2010 : 06:10:30
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i did have to ask my mum about the name, aparently from a cartoon about a dog lovley dog though

*sigh*....I knew that the name would pass right over some members heads! Check this out Danny - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanuts. My old dog, Snoopy, had colouring just like the Snoopy character.

Glad you all approve of Peanut .....and you are right with everything you say Kd....a dog isnt just a dog for me, it is my companion who is always with me so I am never alone....and she has fitted into that role beautifully .

xxx
reptiledanny Posted - 26/05/2010 : 20:03:40
i did have to ask my mum about the name, aparently from a cartoon about a dog lovley dog though
Dan-sunkist Posted - 26/05/2010 : 19:51:32
she is lovley i have a soft spot for jackers. i had my first dog for 19 years and his name was sam we had to put him to sleep last year but he was the friendliest dog and best friend you could ever have yet sounded like a german sheppard when the post man knocked.jack russels are in my opinion one of the best dogs some one can get
n/a Posted - 26/05/2010 : 19:47:11
Peanut is such a little sweetie Ju, will swap her for Twix if you wish actually strike that, you can have him free of charge haha.

tis good to hear she has settled right in with the family
Figs Posted - 26/05/2010 : 15:29:03
aww! Scruffy dogs are awesome
she looks great! Congrats on getting her (and sorry about Woody)

...i'll say it again: AWWW!!
kdlang Posted - 26/05/2010 : 13:27:23
She is lovely. She has got a very intelligent and intuitive face. As a foster carer for Support Dogs, I can really understand how much Woody meant to you with his devotion, support and unconditional love. Now Peanut has come to take over that role of being your companion and friend through the good days and the bad days. They don't have to do much but just their presence can mean the world.
crazy JJ Posted - 26/05/2010 : 12:10:42
n'awwww he is soooo cute :D i dont tend to like jack russells n stuff but he has the puppy dog eyes :D

n i can understand the name lol.. as of course i have a snake called snoopy and when more snakies come there will be a woodstock/peanut etc lol so your not the only one haha :D ;)
mozacchio Posted - 26/05/2010 : 10:57:34
Gorgeous little fellow!
Lovable..!
HannahB Posted - 26/05/2010 : 10:45:38
aw shes very sweet
Sta~ple Posted - 26/05/2010 : 10:44:40
Dawwwww I'm not personally a doggy person but she is cuteeeeee
herriotfan Posted - 26/05/2010 : 04:58:16
Awwww, Ju she is just gorgeous. Of course you fell in love with her, so would I!!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000