The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Mrs Adder

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikerichards Posted - 22/05/2010 : 22:05:06
Pics from Bury Hill today, this good size lady was out sunning herself in the glorious weather!
Looking at her, she was in fantastic condition, no parasites i could see, i am always surprised just how non aggressive they are, obviously backed into a corner they are less than amused, but generally they are very placid!

I have some full body shots of her i will put up later, i need to resize them first cos they massive!

BTW, please dont go chasing Adders in the undergrowth, if you get bitten it hurts like hell!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 08/06/2010 : 20:30:05
they can be tricky, but they are not as hard as people think. I have had one feed defrost within days of coming to stay! in the 3 months she was kept in captivity she ate no problems, defrost all the way! she was succesfully released healthy as ever.
If, however, you do keep one, or buy one, you must make sure you have a DWA license, its quite a fine if you get caught.
It wasnt me keeping it BTW, but iwas close to it the whole time and she wasnt even aggressive!
Matt_Brooks Posted - 08/06/2010 : 19:33:34
Great photos! Its a shame Adders as so hard to keep in captivity as i would love one! I like the mean look they have on their faces!
Leyrielton2 Posted - 08/06/2010 : 16:39:42
Thats the first time ive seen an Adder! Great pictures, although they look angry as hell
mikerichards Posted - 23/05/2010 : 19:51:55
Black adders are a bit of both, depends if you pick up a male one or a female one!!!!
Its a surprise!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/05/2010 : 19:46:32
Great pics Mike and a great find.

I love the eyes.
Sta~ple Posted - 23/05/2010 : 19:37:46
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Sexing adders is the easiest thing! Females are this colour and males are silver with a black zig zag!
I will try and find a male next time i am there.

Ah I see! I was thinking that all adders looked like the males ones ^^

What sex is the black adder morph though

I still can't believe how frowny she looks either or is this just another female thing? XD
BlueTongueDan Posted - 23/05/2010 : 19:24:57
Great photos of a truely stunning snake!
n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 16:56:30
brilliant photos she looks absolutely amazing
matty18714 Posted - 23/05/2010 : 09:26:10
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Were you able to defitenly sex her?

As Mike said, adders are dimorphic.

Good photos Mike
mikerichards Posted - 23/05/2010 : 09:17:52
Sexing adders is the easiest thing! Females are this colour and males are silver with a black zig zag!
I will try and find a male next time i am there.
LittleMick Posted - 23/05/2010 : 03:24:07
I think the look gives her character, like..... don't mees with me or stick shoes in my face, lol.

Brill snaps.
crazy JJ Posted - 23/05/2010 : 01:02:56
wow she is stunning... looks kinda grumpy but really stunning :D

have never seen one in the flesh so to speak only pics and stuff :( never even seen a grass snake or any wild snakie grrr :(
n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 00:10:19
Absolutely stunning!
Sta~ple Posted - 22/05/2010 : 23:20:29
Were you able to defitenly sex her? She's so cute! I don't know why but I always imagined them to be more of a muddy green colour.
herriotfan Posted - 22/05/2010 : 22:52:52
Those are awesome photos. She/he has the most beautiful colour eyes. Thanks for sharing those.
mikerichards Posted - 22/05/2010 : 22:40:42
Yes she is biting my shoe! She wasnt aggressive really, there was nothing you wouldnt expect from a wild animal. She does hiss a good hiss though!
It was only when i intentionally put my shoe in her face did she bite it, and even then it took some provoking, although i wasnt mean to her!
More Pics

Sta~ple Posted - 22/05/2010 : 22:28:46
I have never seen an adder before really... but wow those pictures are amazing! They do appear to be looking grumpy all the time though!

In the last one, is it biting your shoe????
LittleMick Posted - 22/05/2010 : 22:10:02
To this day I have never seen and Adder or a pic of an Adder, but from that, they look awsome, looks fierce.
Thanks for sharing

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000