The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 My striped cali's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/05/2010 : 23:53:23
First up, Fudge.

Next up, Drift.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 22:33:08
Indeed they are, Chrissy. Thanks
n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 16:59:12
stunning shots Bio, both Fudge and Drift are breathtaking i must say
n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 04:01:06
Thanks, Crazy JJ.
Kellog Posted - 23/05/2010 : 03:29:38
Amazing pics of Fudge and Drift Bio. So nice to see them and to see how different they are.

I think the 1st and 4th pics of Fudge are gorgeous, showing off the colours and markings beautifully in the 1st and I can just imagine Fudge staring into your camera lense in the last pic !

Drift has grown up beautifully. Am glad to hear she is getting her feeding confusion under control and realizing that your finger is not as good as a mouse! So good that you have been able to allay Sta~ple's fears regarding Kings.

The 2nd pic certainly shows her squeezing power ! 2 beautiful tongue shots and so much detail.

Good to be seeing your pics again and look forward to seeing more of your collection.

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 23/05/2010 : 01:20:37
there really cute... and great pics love the one with the water on Drift... n as for her eating the mouse lol i had to look twice... my brain not with it obv haha :D
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 16:28:31
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

AI wish the big sliver button was as friendly to me on my camera as it is to you :( I was thinking of getting a king at some point in the far future, a Mexican Black but you're have just made me rethink *_* but after reading and looking at photos of some really aggressive ones it put me off... but if it is just because of they can smell food then one of my corns does that XD

They are very beautiful, I love the one of Drift with water on him/her.

I hope i haven't put you off getting a king (unsure from your post), they are really great snakes and i would highly recommend them.

It really boils down to this. Any snake, be it a corn snake, king snake, BCI or any other has the potential to be an absolute little devil. You tend to find though that people focus on the negative things they hear and block out the things that conflict with that.

In my opinion, my king snakes are gentle, docile and absolutely a joy to keep and handle. They are predictable in their aggression, with my albino cali (most aggressive) it is invariably due to either her being hungry or shedding and effectively telling me to bugger off. There is no desire on her part to bite me any other time, plus she is growing out of actually biting on feeding day, she tends to try and hunt my hand and just slide out onto it now so i can feed her in her feeding box. haha

Mexican blacks get a bad rep as well, again unfounded from my experience.
Sta~ple Posted - 21/05/2010 : 15:00:52
quote:
Originally posted by Bio

Yes, they are cali kings.

Do not believe everything you hear about kings and their temperaments, while there is no doubt at all that kings are more feisty than corns on the whole, it is just not true that they are all mental and will bite anything that moves.

These two are generally softies, that being said, the albino one will actively hunt my hand when i try to get her out on feeding day. That is just because she is ready for her mouse, not because she is an outright aggressive snake. Look at the picture with the ripped open mouse, that was because she struck and constricted so bloody hard the mouse just split. She has done this a few times as well... she has an amazing feeding response!

My other king (not pictured above) is a softy as well and has only ever bitten me i think twice, again they were feeding response bites (another king with an amazing feeding response) and not a sign of an aggressive personality. For the most part she is a calm and gentle snake that i would feel comfortable letting even a child handle, not that i ever would let a child handle my snakes... i am just using that as an example of the trust i have for her.

As for how i got the pics... big silver button on the top of my camera. *nods*

AI wish the big sliver button was as friendly to me on my camera as it is to you :( I was thinking of getting a king at some point in the far future, a Mexican Black but you're have just made me rethink *_* but after reading and looking at photos of some really aggressive ones it put me off... but if it is just because of they can smell food then one of my corns does that XD

They are very beautiful, I love the one of Drift with water on him/her.
kdlang Posted - 21/05/2010 : 14:04:06
they are gorgeous. Wish i hadn't looked at the pics tho cos i want one now
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/05/2010 : 11:53:33
Great looking snakes, and great pictures.
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 11:08:20
fudge is gorgeous. i want a cali king. the albino one i was looking at in the shot tried to eat himself but the others were really gentle and stunning
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 10:19:16
Yeah, that's actually true
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 10:15:09
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Bio is right. I'd say the same of my own kings, with the one difference that I think mine have bitten less times then his (per snake). Great snakes

Not accurate at all. Fudge has never bitten, the un-pictured king has bitten twice (my fault, not actual aggression). The only king of mine that has yours beaten on bite frequency is my albino cali.
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 10:05:21
Bio is right. I'd say the same of my own kings, with the one difference that I think mine have bitten less times then his (per snake). Great snakes

n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 09:44:28
Yes, they are cali kings.

Do not believe everything you hear about kings and their temperaments, while there is no doubt at all that kings are more feisty than corns on the whole, it is just not true that they are all mental and will bite anything that moves.

These two are generally softies, that being said, the albino one will actively hunt my hand when i try to get her out on feeding day. That is just because she is ready for her mouse, not because she is an outright aggressive snake. Look at the picture with the ripped open mouse, that was because she struck and constricted so bloody hard the mouse just split. She has done this a few times as well... she has an amazing feeding response!

My other king (not pictured above) is a softy as well and has only ever bitten me i think twice, again they were feeding response bites (another king with an amazing feeding response) and not a sign of an aggressive personality. For the most part she is a calm and gentle snake that i would feel comfortable letting even a child handle, not that i ever would let a child handle my snakes... i am just using that as an example of the trust i have for her.

As for how i got the pics... big silver button on the top of my camera. *nods*
Sta~ple Posted - 21/05/2010 : 08:31:25
Amazing photots! Are these Kings? If sohow on earth did you manage to take photo's of them or are these just calm ones?
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 01:15:55
Thanks, guys.

Gmac, i like those ones too, along with picture 4.
LittleMick Posted - 21/05/2010 : 01:05:55
I really like Fudge, looks stunning, I like the way his patterns fade off as it ventures to his ventral side.
Figs Posted - 21/05/2010 : 00:30:13
gorgeous things!
i love the colours on Drift
great pictures too

they've got really stubby noses compared to corns!
gmac Posted - 21/05/2010 : 00:19:29
Amazing photos Bio, the 3rd and last pics are a bit special.

Great looking Kings
mozacchio Posted - 21/05/2010 : 00:07:23
Lovely snakes!
Nice pics..!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000