The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Elle's first climbing experience - that I know of

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 10/01/2010 : 05:19:24
Thought I would post a couple of snaps of Elle. I turned round this evening and saw she had climbed onto the Exo Terra vine she has in her viv, this is the first time I have seen her do this. Quite bizarre really, as I am due to clean her out tomorrow and was going to remove it for lack of use, lol. Anyway, she was motionless so I thought she was stuck so I got her off it, then a few mins later she was back up there. This time I sat and watched her to see what she would do and make sure it was safe for her, lo and behold she went all the way across, hung by her hind legs and lowered herself to her cool hide below then proceded to go for a poop.
Well here's the close up, as you can see she is prepping for another shed.

Here's the distant shot, as you can see it's quite high off the floor, approx 8", but she didn't seem phased by it. I think I will buy another of the larger vines and twist both of them together just to make it more sturdy.

LM
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 16/01/2010 : 04:52:10
Sorry, didn't realise anyone had posted replies.

Her eyes are awsome, reminds me of something from a Ray Harryhausen movie lol. Or a Jules Verne story or something.

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Thank you so much Mick, I really appreciate you putting those up. It is interesting seeing her growth and I know, from having kids, that when you are with them 24/7 you dont notice them growing until you look back at pics and see how small they were. It is what I regret about getting Kellog and Silvesta at the ages they are...not much growing left to do, especially with Kellog.

She really is beautiful and obviously a joy to you. She is also lucky to have you as her owner.

xxx

My pleasure, it's always good to show off the little uns, lol. And it's always to hear when people comment on how well they look. I like to think all my animals get the best from me. I should have started all this years ago, I wish I had kept my Cali King and gained the experience from that. I could have had a zoo by now, lol.
Kellog Posted - 13/01/2010 : 04:33:11
Thank you so much Mick, I really appreciate you putting those up. It is interesting seeing her growth and I know, from having kids, that when you are with them 24/7 you dont notice them growing until you look back at pics and see how small they were. It is what I regret about getting Kellog and Silvesta at the ages they are...not much growing left to do, especially with Kellog.

She really is beautiful and obviously a joy to you. She is also lucky to have you as her owner.

xxx
lucifer Posted - 12/01/2010 : 00:41:39
Nice photos Nick I love the striking eyes on Geckos.
LittleMick Posted - 12/01/2010 : 00:03:29
Thanks everyone, just glad I spotted her before I removed the vine.

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Its lovely to finally be introduced to the lizard in your sig Mick! Beautiful pics and quite surprising seeing her climbing like that....glad you hadnt already removed that vine!

xxx

I really thought I had posted pics of her before, I'll have to throw some more up.

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

ahhh, wow, she is gorgeous, how big a tank is she in?

She's in a 36" x 18" x 18" viv, which is about right for an adult. She is over 8" long and weighs 72g. I'm hoping she will get to about 80g and that should be an ok weight.

I'll be customizing her viv over the next few months amoungst other things. As you can see.... her floor space has enough for her, but I will be getting a rock background to cover the back wall and the sides. I'll also be putting like a ...... ledge round the sides and back with enough space under it for her hides. I'll be getting another large vine to wrap around the one that's in there just to make it a little thicker. A few more silk vines and I'll be switching to sand now that she is mature. I'll also be removing the light as it is not needed and installing a series of blue LED ights at the top front for night time viewing. So, alot to be done.

Well Kellog, here's some for you

When she was a juvie
Get that mealie!!

Is that a man or a mouse?

And some close ups

Isn't it weird how you don't notice people / animals you know/keep how they age, I just loooked at these images and I can't even believe how mature she looks now, lol. Ellezilla, lol.
Hope you like.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/01/2010 : 19:39:48
ahhh, wow, she is gorgeous, how big a tank is she in?
Kellog Posted - 11/01/2010 : 12:13:44
Its lovely to finally be introduced to the lizard in your sig Mick! Beautiful pics and quite surprising seeing her climbing like that....glad you hadnt already removed that vine!

xxx
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 17:26:26
Great Pics!
Looks like she is enjoying her climb!
xXx
kizzig Posted - 10/01/2010 : 11:29:22
Great pics Mick! It's sods law that she's started using it when you were about to remove the vine!
lmfastcars Posted - 10/01/2010 : 11:12:30
Aw cool lizard man. Glad she likes her vine

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000