The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Just been to Chester zoo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 17/03/2013 : 20:13:47
We've been visiting some friends in Chester this weekend, and gone to Chester zoo today. So, of course, I had to go and see the reptiles.. some photos - please excuse the quality - they're from my old mobile and through the glass:
Little San Francisco garter snake:

Reticulated python:

Spot the Mangrove:

Green tree python:

Forgotten what these two are:

Hope you like these :-)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 19/03/2013 : 13:17:13
Smart bunny, I think it could be a bit of a "macho" thing with having retics - I wouldn't have one, either, I could have never even lifted it , let alone handle it - but it was beautiful... so was the GTP, I was quite surprised at how small it looked ( and cute, though I bet it's got not so cute huge teeth :-) ). The San Francisco garter had beautiful colour, the photo doesn't do it justice.

In hind sight, I should have pretended to hubby I really want a retic, then he might let me have more corns, as the lesser of two evils :-)
lupi lou Posted - 18/03/2013 : 20:02:12
fab pics i love chester hopefully i'll get to go on the trip that work is running, last time i went i must have spent 15-20 min in the bat cave it was fab! the retics are impressive but i think i'll stick to the corns
smart bunny Posted - 18/03/2013 : 19:36:35
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

Smart bunny, I don't know anything about retics, I presume it was a normal, but is certainly was beautiful! Hubby was standing behind me repeatedly saying " you're NOT getting one of those "....

Ha ha ha, I bet he was! I can't quite understand the fascination with retics, or any snakes that get that large - you can't really get them out for a play all that easily, and I certainly wouldn't want to clean one out - Corno is bad enough lol!

That pretty little garter on the other hand...
Moppet Posted - 18/03/2013 : 18:50:33
Veeeeery pretty Good pics too, especially seeing as they were through glass.
Razee Posted - 18/03/2013 : 15:10:30
Smart bunny, I don't know anything about retics, I presume it was a normal, but is certainly was beautiful! Hubby was standing behind me repeatedly saying " you're NOT getting one of those "....
Razee Posted - 18/03/2013 : 08:15:42
What surprised me was, that they had the reptiles spread out between places. The tropical realm had the garters, frogs and tarantula, and the ape house had all the other reptiles - I nearly didn't find them.

Didn't get to see all, either, but the bat cave was brilliant! You walk through an enormous dome, and all the bats of various kinds - including the huge flying foxes - fly around you. There's a tunnel to walk through, and they fly so near you in there, you can feel the wind off their wings on your face! I could have stayed there for ages - and with the baby elephants as well, they were so funny.

smart bunny Posted - 18/03/2013 : 07:22:02
Why is it people take better pics with their phones, through glass, than I can get with my camera with no glass!!!! Nice selection they have there, is that 'normal' patterning for a reticulated python? It looks very pretty!
Callazagy Posted - 18/03/2013 : 00:37:24
Went the other week, must go again as I got carried away in the tropical realm, only got round a quarter of the zoo. Yeh Chinese Water Dragon and its a Salvador's Monitor. Did a better job of getting pics through the glass than I did.
Razee Posted - 17/03/2013 : 21:50:47
Thanks - had a really nice time, and yes, I think you're right, it might have been chinese water dragon, and the other one was some type of monitor ( Nile ? )... I got too carried away to remember the names properly :-)
They have two retics, both enormous, one was sat high up in a tree, and everybody was commenting on how such a huge snake could have climb up that tree, surely it's too heavy... :-)
scottishbluebird Posted - 17/03/2013 : 21:45:22
First is so pretty
herriotfan Posted - 17/03/2013 : 20:56:02
Great photos, I'm guessing you had a good time!
Looks like a chinese water dragon to me.
NatalieC Posted - 17/03/2013 : 20:49:34
The last one looks like a monitor, we have one at my college. Not sure about the other one but it could be a Chinese water dragon? Lovely photos though
kev 5 Posted - 17/03/2013 : 20:44:16
looks really good
Donnie Posted - 17/03/2013 : 20:28:14
Chester zoo is a great place and if I remember right that retics is huge

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000