The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 moving munchies...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
angriesthedgehog Posted - 22/02/2013 : 15:22:06
Introducing my Multimammate mice... I have 21 ; 16 females and 5 males to split into four colonies when a little bigger to hopefully breed me some feeders (harsh as that sounds!)
Each colony of 5 will be living in a 64l rub with two levels, wheel and toys so I feel a lot better than buying them frozen. You never know the conditions they have been kept in and some are really shocking!

they sll decided to sleep in this corner ;ast night! But were all tucked away in the nest box this morning..

nomming away...

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cobweb251 Posted - 14/03/2013 : 10:19:20
fair play to you, i really don't know if i would be able to do it lol
lupi lou Posted - 23/02/2013 : 17:23:38
quote:
Originally posted by angriesthedgehog

Im going to build a CO2 chamber... I have a guide somewhere

Im already attached to them lol they have such characters - but at least I know they have had a good run. These ones will not be fed anyway... these are to breed :P

hmm I never would have thought about a home made one, that's a good idea. Just don't name the ones that will be for food or you'll be over run with them through getting too attached lol
Lozzy Posted - 22/02/2013 : 23:12:21
So with everyone else i would be over run with them if did it! But good idea if your not a total softy like me!
angriesthedgehog Posted - 22/02/2013 : 18:31:50
Im going to build a CO2 chamber... I have a guide somewhere

Im already attached to them lol they have such characters - but at least I know they have had a good run. These ones will not be fed anyway... these are to breed :P
lupi lou Posted - 22/02/2013 : 17:55:28
they are cute! Nice idea producing your own food, it would be the dispatching aspect I wouldn't be keen on. Out of curiosity how will to go about that can you buy the C02 machine things (I don't know what its actually called ?
smart bunny Posted - 22/02/2013 : 17:43:20
Ditto the other posts lol, I know it's completely hypocritical, but I wouldn't be able to feed a baby I had bred, they are just too cute! Totally understand the practicality of it - and the fact you know they have been bred humanely etc - especially when you have so many snakes!
Hissyfit Posted - 22/02/2013 : 17:08:34
Such sweet little things. I'd end up with a houseful.
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/02/2013 : 16:17:55
Eeek they are so cute, i understand you breeding them for food, but i sooooo couldnt do that my self, id be over run lol
Razee Posted - 22/02/2013 : 16:01:39
They are lovely - and that would be my downfall. I thought often enough I'd quite like to breed my own feeders, because I'd know they'd have had been well looked after, and well fed. The problem is, I'd find it very difficult ( probably impossible ) to kill them, when the time'd come. So I'd just end up with lots and lots of pets... see, I already think naww, I like the one with the white stripe on its face, and that little white one, with black eyes and grey saddle patch on it's back... and that's how it'd start :-)
herriotfan Posted - 22/02/2013 : 15:47:55
Such cute little faces.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000