The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Decent pics of Hermes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smart bunny Posted - 31/01/2013 : 09:54:29
Oooer, I feel like I'm spamming the forum with all my pics at the moment but you need to see some better ones of now-officially-named Hermes He is the sweetest little thing, I'm so chuffed, and he's taken his first pinkie feed no problem whatsoever! He initially pulled away, then when I held it gently in front of his nose he gradually moved closer until he was nose to nose, then just opened his mouth and took it so delicately! It looked far too big for him but obviously wasn't lol!

I'm keen to know which species of African house snake he is, if anyone here knows - I'm assuming capensis as I think that is the most common? Also, he's approx 33cm at four months old... so if anyone knows if that is normal for a male, or if it's more likely a female at that length please let me know lol.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 01/02/2013 : 11:05:34
Thanks all :) Now just got to see if Hoggy will feed - I really hope he does, as I can seriously do without another non-feeder - Prism is still assisted :(
Razee Posted - 01/02/2013 : 09:18:26
There's no such thing as spamming the forum with snake pictures... there can NEVER be enough pictures :-)
Beautiful.
Moppet Posted - 31/01/2013 : 21:28:53
n'awwwwww! He's gorgeous! Glad he's fed for you too
Donnie Posted - 31/01/2013 : 19:02:02
Keep the pics coming, he looks great
Emmzi Posted - 31/01/2013 : 18:59:15
Awwh he is gorgeous!!!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/01/2013 : 18:14:58
So adorable, and not a spammer lol, love seeing pics, even if i do shout at the laptop when a certain snake is shown!
Blackcat Posted - 31/01/2013 : 17:24:31
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Thank you, I just had to go for Hermes because of his symbol (or one of them!) being the caduceus :)

OMG... HOW LONG is Prism going to be in shed for???!! It's ridiculous how long she takes - I have to say I was very relieved to see on one of your posts the other week you commented on how long they take compared to corns, as otherwise I think we would have started panicking by now!

Great reasoning behind the name
I get quite bored waiting for my Rainbows to shed, and it sometimes means they can miss two feeds
Ruby has finally shed after 3.5 weeks from initially going blue, she had been clear for over a week and I kept hunting through her RUB to find where she had hidden her shed.
Not sure I want to get any different snakes - don't think I would cope with any more idiosynchronisys (spelling)
kev 5 Posted - 31/01/2013 : 14:51:35
lovely looking little snake
Hissyfit Posted - 31/01/2013 : 12:49:45
He's lovely, and the name Hermes really suits him
Bruno and Dela are very sweet too
herriotfan Posted - 31/01/2013 : 12:31:20
What a little cutie. Such beautiful coloured eyes!
smart bunny Posted - 31/01/2013 : 11:41:43
Awwww they are adorable Figs! Have you got any recent piccys - pretty please?

Their patterns are far more prominent than Hermes', would love to see if they change much like corns or stay about the same.
Figs Posted - 31/01/2013 : 11:01:18
Love the name
He is sooo cute!!

My Bruno (male) was bigger than Dela (female) when they were dinky... not so much now though!
Here they are back in the day if you want to do some comparing lol

smart bunny Posted - 31/01/2013 : 10:13:37
Thank you, I just had to go for Hermes because of his symbol (or one of them!) being the caduceus :)

OMG... HOW LONG is Prism going to be in shed for???!! It's ridiculous how long she takes - I have to say I was very relieved to see on one of your posts the other week you commented on how long they take compared to corns, as otherwise I think we would have started panicking by now!
Blackcat Posted - 31/01/2013 : 10:08:05
Know nothing about House snakes so no help with answering your questions.
I wouldn't worry about all the photos - everyone seems to love photos on here.
Hermes is a great name for a very lovely snake - glad he has eaten for you, bet that was a relief.
Keep the photos coming - need some of Prism once she has shed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000