The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Gilby - Pueblan Milk Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SCALDED APE Posted - 19/01/2013 : 23:23:54
Hi,

Gilby is my first ever snake. She was called Gilbert but I found out she was a girl lol

We've had her for about 4 weeks and think she's about a year old but not sure as she was dumped at a local reptile shop. She's a perfect first snake though ... She loves being handled / eats her mice and shed the first week I had her with no problems.

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SCALDED APE Posted - 22/01/2013 : 00:40:50
quote:
Originally posted by Isoldael

Loving the colours, although I can't get myself to like the shape of their heads :(

What's wrong with her head lol

The markings on her head make her look like she's wearing one if those skull masks haha
Isoldael Posted - 21/01/2013 : 13:07:51
Loving the colours, although I can't get myself to like the shape of their heads :(
SCALDED APE Posted - 21/01/2013 : 00:33:48
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

Yeah was just letting you know in case you one day decided to try breeding as if you do all babies will be hybrids

No problem. It's good to know.

I don't plan on breeding though. Had enough of that with accidental puppies years ago !!
AcidicAngel Posted - 20/01/2013 : 22:36:48
Yeah was just letting you know in case you one day decided to try breeding as if you do all babies will be hybrids
SCALDED APE Posted - 20/01/2013 : 22:32:10
I really have no idea about morphs either. I was just gong on what Mark had told me, and as he's bred them for over 30 years I assumed he'd know hahahaha

I'm not bothered what she is though as she's great. The best temperament and hasn't even musked / pooped on me ..... yet !! My daughter likes holding her and my wife is coming around to the idea of holding her, as long as I have the head end lol

She likes to hide in my pocket ....

and to investigate once warmed up lol

smart bunny Posted - 20/01/2013 : 20:03:32
I have no idea about milk snake morphs, but she is gorgeous, can't believe someone would dump her!! Congrats on such a lovely first snake, and it sounds like she has a fab temperament too :)
AcidicAngel Posted - 20/01/2013 : 19:16:17
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

Duff link x

Should work now. I had to do some work on the picture so was changing it about a bit but should be OK now.
Georgina Posted - 20/01/2013 : 19:10:38
Duff link x
AcidicAngel Posted - 20/01/2013 : 19:02:30
She's a Grey Banded Kingsnake x Pueblan Milksnake hybrid. Pueblans are mostly red with black and white striping, not mostly white with red and black striping.

Sorry the comparison isn't the best, I had to make something quick because I don't have either of these 2 snakes to compare so this is the best I can do.

To put a description to it.

Pueblan Milksnake - Less white/creamy grey and more red. Smaller, more regular banding and more black around the head without the white stripe across the nose.
Grey Banded Kingsnake x Pueblan Milksnake - More white/creamy grey and less red. Larger more spaced banding and less black around the head with a nose stripe in either white or a greyish colour.

Edit: There should be a bit of white behind the Pueblans head XD Hang on lol.
Falice Posted - 20/01/2013 : 17:10:26
Wow she's beautiful!
lupi lou Posted - 20/01/2013 : 15:49:27
she's very pretty
kev 5 Posted - 20/01/2013 : 13:14:00
very nice, love her colouring
SCALDED APE Posted - 20/01/2013 : 12:22:19
..... she's getting ready to shed soon so her colours are darker than usual.
herriotfan Posted - 20/01/2013 : 11:13:27
She's stunning. I love her colours.
Jayclk Posted - 20/01/2013 : 04:02:25
Cracking looking snake I've always wondered bout getting one but never seen one I like so far
SCALDED APE Posted - 20/01/2013 : 00:29:22
Thanks

She's a traditional Pueblan which is why her white is more cream and darker overall. Most Pueblan's have bright white which is actually a morph but now accepted as the original !!

Mark at Ameyzoo (where I got her) told me that.
Callazagy Posted - 20/01/2013 : 00:10:51
Maybe a Gray Band King x Pueblan Milk hybrid? Very nice though.
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/01/2013 : 23:56:19
wow gorgeous! love the face stripe
Figs Posted - 19/01/2013 : 23:29:30
What a pretty little thing!
I love her colours... and name
I've got a Gilbert myself lol

Are you sure she's a pueblan?
Not a king/milk expert by any means here, but she reminds me more of a theyers king... maybe even a hybrid?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000