The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Some of Indigo, my male BRB

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blackcat Posted - 11/01/2013 : 14:53:59
Indigo doesn't like to co-operate for photo shoots so never really bother with taking photos of him, but I couldn't leave him out from the camera session today

Thanks for looking
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 21/01/2013 : 13:08:56
He looks stunning! :)
Blackcat Posted - 21/01/2013 : 11:00:50
Smart bunny I worry too much
Morse is definately ok now, but like Ember is so much smaller than Zeus (approx half the weight and only about 3 weeks younger).
I don't actually worry about the difference in size between my two corns now they are older.
I know that Indigo will start to rocket once on larger feed items, it has been suggested to put him onto mice as an inbetween size, but the only time I have fed him a mouse before he had his one and only regurge - so a little reluctant to try that again.
Thanks for your reassurance - it helps
smart bunny Posted - 20/01/2013 : 22:09:45
I know - but look at all the difference in people's corns! Ember is sooooo much smaller than Corno was at her age as she was thinner when I got her and has always been a fussier feeder. We have a 4ft viv for Corno, but I bet Ember will never need bigger than her 3ft one! How many times have you seen posts on here about people worried their corns are too big/too small and they are always told that all snakes are different and grow at different rates and as long as they are the right shape not to worry? I'm sure it's just the same with BRB's. If he's shedding he must be growing, and if Ruby has gone onto a larger size food then she will be rocketing up in weight compared to him, and he will do so when he gets there. After all the problems you had with Morse and he is fine now, so Indigo eating regularly must be less worrying than that ;) These snakes do like to worry us! xxx
Razee Posted - 20/01/2013 : 21:45:50
He may be small, but perfectly formed! :-)
Blackcat Posted - 20/01/2013 : 21:26:34
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

He's so beautiful
I was concerened about Jinxs growth rate and I had some one give me this bit of advise: if he's eating, pooing and shedding don't worry he'll get there!
Is he more active than the others? i often wonder if Jinx seems to grow so slowley as he's so active he's using most of his energy mooching than growing, just a thought.

Thanks lupi lou, he is eating, pooing and shedding as expected, but as for activity I have no idea as I never see him out - they are very secretive snakes and out at night when I am fast asleep

@ smart bunny, I try not to worry but when my CRB's are catching him up rapidly I can't help but worry
I have just got to be brave and move him onto small weaners and hope that helps.
smart bunny Posted - 20/01/2013 : 20:14:58
Awww he's looking good Blackcat, nice shape to him, try not to worry too much... and males are smaller than females after all :D
lupi lou Posted - 11/01/2013 : 20:57:28
He's so beautiful
I was concerened about Jinxs growth rate and I had some one give me this bit of advise: if he's eating, pooing and shedding don't worry he'll get there!
Is he more active than the others? i often wonder if Jinx seems to grow so slowley as he's so active he's using most of his energy mooching than growing, just a thought.
Moppet Posted - 11/01/2013 : 19:20:16
He's gorgeous!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 11/01/2013 : 17:00:14
Very nice
kev 5 Posted - 11/01/2013 : 16:36:30
very nice
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/01/2013 : 15:35:25
Small but so beautiful, certainly looks healthy, and like you say with some corns will have a big growth spurt soon
ScalySituation Posted - 11/01/2013 : 15:15:22
i think its just a case of getting him on something with more nutrients, Sheldon's hardly grown since september but im sure once hes on fuzzies he'll rocket up
Blackcat Posted - 11/01/2013 : 15:09:28
I'm a little concerned Scaly about how small he is - he eats and sheds etc as I would expect but has not grown at the rate of Ruby my female or the two CRB's (they have nearly caught up with him).
Hopefully like the corns he will really start to grow when I feel he can cope with a larger feed item, if not then a trip to the vet will be the next step.
ScalySituation Posted - 11/01/2013 : 14:56:13
he still pretty small, bless!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000