The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Grantly & Omen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Callazagy Posted - 21/12/2012 : 18:41:06
Hi,

Been cleaning out these two today and got their LED lighting installed. Took the opportunity to weigh, measure and get pics of them.

Grumpy Grantly hardly ever gets handled so he was a lot of fun to deal with during this process lol. I shouldn't have favorites but he is just awesome.

Grantly - Irian Jaya Jaguar Carpet Python - DOB July11
Length - 113cm
Weight - 489g

Omen - Amazon Tree Boa - DOB 31/10/10
Length - 136cm
Weight - 351g

I didn't realise Omen was my longest snake he is usually tightly coiled and looks tiny, may need to start planning his next viv.

Couple more vivs to clean and lights to install, then it will be time to start over again.

Thanks for looking.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Naomi_Kate Posted - 11/01/2013 : 01:31:35
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

quote:
Originally posted by Naomi_Kate

Is that a Cooks tree boa?

No just an Amazon Tree Boa, apparently Cook's don't come in that colour.

Ahh! Thank you! :)
Naomi_Kate Posted - 11/01/2013 : 01:29:00
Beautiful snakes! Great layouts on the Viv's! :)
Welshlamb Posted - 01/01/2013 : 10:10:51
That's an impressive self built vivarium. Really like what you have done there. Will have to rethink as this could take up alot of room. Thank you for sharing
Callazagy Posted - 31/12/2012 : 19:17:20
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Nice. I may look into getting tree boa. Please could you put up a pic of your setup. Really interested

Here you go -

He has a shelf along the back, with the hot spot under the ceramic bulb at one end. He spends a lot of time there and the rest of the time in his water bowl. He has room to fully stretch out and branches to perch on and spread his weight.

It would be nice to have a bigger viv because I could suspend a lot more branches giving more places to lay across and it would look pretty cool. And he obviously needs it because as you can see in the original post he is using the door lock to rest on lol.

I use orchid bark for substrate to maintain the humidity, and you can never use to much aquarium sealant on the base, Omen had to be evacuated once due to a leak lol.
Welshlamb Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:16:51
Nice. I may look into getting tree boa. Please could you put up a pic of your setup. Really interested
Callazagy Posted - 31/12/2012 : 11:48:27
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Lovely snakes. I love Omen. What is your final vivarium size for Omen?

I'm not sure yet, he's currently in a custom 2 x 1.5 x 2ft viv, in the location it is in now I could probably manage another 1/2ft length, 1ft height (possibly more)and possibly a bit deeper. Or for the millionth time rearrange my bedroom and make it even bigger somehow. Ill have to work out if any of the manufacturers have anything suitable or it might just be easier to build it myself again.

His current viv was actually built using the offcuts from the viv stacks so I was well impressed with my years worth of planning when that worked out.

Luckily they are slow growers so I think I have plenty of time before he is in desperate need, but I think he still has a lot more growing to do.
Welshlamb Posted - 31/12/2012 : 10:15:01
Lovely snakes. I love Omen. What is your final vivarium size for Omen?
Callazagy Posted - 29/12/2012 : 21:28:09
quote:
Originally posted by Naomi_Kate

No just an Amazon Tree Boa, apparently Cook's don't come in that colour.
Naomi_Kate Posted - 29/12/2012 : 21:14:39
lupi lou Posted - 22/12/2012 : 20:43:43
They are beautiful
Mamma Posted - 22/12/2012 : 14:37:30
woah. *thumbs up*
AcidicAngel Posted - 22/12/2012 : 02:00:34
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

Can I ask, how nippy was/is Omen? Was thinking of getting an Amazon Tree Boa but was told they can be very nippy and didn't fancy getting bitten by an adult one if I could avoid it...

I was very lucky with Omen, he is very placid which I believe is a rarity, the people I bought him off said he was unusual. I have been bitten once a while ago only because he was irritated by me helping him with a shed. So I can't really help you with that one. I do know they are recommended as the starter species for tree Boas/pythons, as they are the smallest.

With Grantly I know he's going to strike, so I wear gloves and long sleeves, not because im scared of the bite, I just don't want blood everywhere lol

Ah, thank you :) Was just wondering as I did want one but was slightly put off by the possibility of either being bitten every time or not handling it at all...
Callazagy Posted - 21/12/2012 : 22:18:21
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

Can I ask, how nippy was/is Omen? Was thinking of getting an Amazon Tree Boa but was told they can be very nippy and didn't fancy getting bitten by an adult one if I could avoid it...

I was very lucky with Omen, he is very placid which I believe is a rarity, the people I bought him off said he was unusual. I have been bitten once a while ago only because he was irritated by me helping him with a shed. So I can't really help you with that one. I do know they are recommended as the starter species for tree Boas/pythons, as they are the smallest.

With Grantly I know he's going to strike, so I wear gloves and long sleeves, not because im scared of the bite, I just don't want blood everywhere lol
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/12/2012 : 21:03:40
Okeetee Mick Posted - 21/12/2012 : 20:50:13
Very very nice
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/12/2012 : 19:18:13
Both gorgeous
kev 5 Posted - 21/12/2012 : 19:11:40
both very nice
Donnie Posted - 21/12/2012 : 19:10:10
They are both stunning

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000