The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Princess Boomer Picture thread :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 07/12/2012 : 16:24:52
This was Boomer when she came to me :

This is her now... a few months on.... (fatty boom boom )

Some pics of her shedding:

My festive xmas pic lol
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 08/12/2012 : 10:50:28
quote:
Originally posted by Mumhols

We just got our beardie and he is 10 weeks old ad looks just like your first pic, how was she ate eating at first when you got her as ted has eaten 1 medium cricket a day for the last 3 days, I think it is normal for them to go off their food when they are brought home, just wondered if yours did this? Ted isn't touching his veg or water either, I'm having to drip it on his nose for him to lick off, don't want him to dehydrate :-/ also been dropping it on walls and on his plant which he likes,

general rule of feeding at such a young age until they are a year is however many beasties they will eat within a 15 min period 2 or 3 times a day.

Boomer wasnt off her food when she came. Shes fussy with greens but have discovered shes all about the fresh herbs (basil, parsley etc) When they hit a year old feed them more veg than live foods. feed live every 3 days or so.

They dont tend to drink water. What you can do is bath him/her every couple of days in a luke warm bath that goes up to its armpits. They take water in via the back vent. I also mist her once a day too, she sometimes licks the drops off her snout. I keep a water bowl in there but never seen her use it.

Live food wise try and avoid wax worms (only as a treat as they are fatty) and try avoid mealies. They dont digest them so good. Boomer gets a mix of locusts, roaches, silk worms....she took a disliking to black crickets a while ago, so im gonna try her on brown ones.

@scottish bluebird, my leopard gecko eats her shed, but boomer doesnt. She just rubs herself off of everything and her shed flakes all over her viv. I like to bath her when shes in shed and use a baby toothbrush to gently rub over her :) She loves it lol
Mort13 Posted - 08/12/2012 : 09:13:45
Aw that last pic is just adorable! What a poser
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/12/2012 : 23:45:27
Love the last pic, do they eat their shed?
Mumhols Posted - 07/12/2012 : 21:55:47
We just got our beardie and he is 10 weeks old ad looks just like your first pic, how was she ate eating at first when you got her as ted has eaten 1 medium cricket a day for the last 3 days, I think it is normal for them to go off their food when they are brought home, just wondered if yours did this? Ted isn't touching his veg or water either, I'm having to drip it on his nose for him to lick off, don't want him to dehydrate :-/ also been dropping it on walls and on his plant which he likes,
herriotfan Posted - 07/12/2012 : 18:55:35
Awww, she's beauiful and growing very well!
Mamma Posted - 07/12/2012 : 18:40:24
shes 6 months now she was 10 weeks when the 1st pic was taken... weighing 26g then and 190g now xxxx
coxymk2 Posted - 07/12/2012 : 18:16:35
A right fattie now surprising how quickly they can put weight on.
Figs Posted - 07/12/2012 : 18:15:51
She's a sweet little one!
I loooove the last picture
Georgina Posted - 07/12/2012 : 17:46:39
What a pose on the last pic x
lupi lou Posted - 07/12/2012 : 17:13:22
aw bless her, she certaintly has been well fed with you!!
ScalySituation Posted - 07/12/2012 : 16:54:12
shes great! how old is she?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000