The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Annoying horse girl again... Happy story!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Katie.Dublin Posted - 11/11/2012 : 22:59:08
One of those feel good stories :) Meet Starvin' Marvin, a hungry little trotting stalion who we rescued in may :) I'm too happy with him not to share lol. He now has two solid meals a day and two less testicles. I think its a price he didn't mind paying though!

By October....

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 14/11/2012 : 22:57:58
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

He looks fantastic, Katie, what a change! Bet he hasn't looked back. What's the story, where did you get him?

Lupi lou and Lozzy, I have a two year old that definitely isn't rig, but behaves like one. He has been covering my old mare all summer, herding her around and generally behaving like a stallion.

Well he was found in an in an industrial estate where my sis works. He was just tied to a pole for 3 days. She called the SPCA but they couldn't remove him until a vet had declared him in danger of death so the horse pound came and took him instead. They basically just hold them there for a few days then shoot them which is a necessary part of life obviously.

So the SPCA got onto us and basically said they can get him out for free if you can give him a home? (Usually you have to pay a fortune to get them out of the pound). So us being softies said fiiiiine we'll take him.

Then we just threw him out on grass for 2 or 3 months until he was a bit stronger and then brought him in and started him. He's dead quiet cause I'd say he was jockied and driven about the place by young lads for his first few years lol. So, gelded him and now he's lovely :D

The end :D

EmSquem Posted - 14/11/2012 : 20:33:08
Aww, glad he's OK
Razee Posted - 14/11/2012 : 19:00:35
He looks fantastic, Katie, what a change! Bet he hasn't looked back. What's the story, where did you get him?

Lupi lou and Lozzy, I have a two year old that definitely isn't rig, but behaves like one. He has been covering my old mare all summer, herding her around and generally behaving like a stallion.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 13/11/2012 : 19:09:49
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

Is the chestnut your hunter? he's stunning!

In my sig wearing the hat? lol That was my first pony. The coloured in my sig is my main woman!
lupi lou Posted - 13/11/2012 : 19:06:19
Is the chestnut your hunter? he's stunning!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 13/11/2012 : 16:53:47
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

I love a heartwarming animal story. What superb photography too!!!

He's amazing! Check out his flikr if you want to see more of his stuff!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33999943@N06/
herriotfan Posted - 13/11/2012 : 16:28:51
I love a heartwarming animal story. What superb photography too!!!
lupi lou Posted - 13/11/2012 : 16:17:17
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

quote:
Originally posted by ozziesmum

Well he's gorgeous and I wouldn't part with him for all the money in the world if he was mine and maybe at the end of the season you might move over to working hunter.

Haha on a trotter? Stranger things have happened i spose lol

who i work for took her arab round a working hunter class earlier this year, trotted round the course and he jumped it better than the others! so you never know!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 13/11/2012 : 15:10:26
Thanks all :) I'm delighted with him! Offers are welcome ;)
manda88 Posted - 13/11/2012 : 09:32:56
I actually said 'no way' out loud when I saw that pic of him jumping the ditch, what an amazing difference!! You've done a fantastic job Love that second to last pic, your face says it all
Welshlamb Posted - 12/11/2012 : 22:03:33
Wow nice job
scottishbluebird Posted - 12/11/2012 : 21:44:20
What a difference, he must be soooooo happy now
Katie.Dublin Posted - 12/11/2012 : 20:51:00
quote:

You'll never know unless you try and what have you got to lose :)

My dignity! lol. Nah Im hoping my hunter will be ready to start back working once the seaons finished. She's out with a tendon at the minute :(
ozziesmum Posted - 12/11/2012 : 20:45:14
You'll never know unless you try and what have you got to lose :)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 12/11/2012 : 20:38:44
quote:

Well he's gorgeous and I wouldn't part with him for all the money in the world if he was mine and maybe at the end of the season you might move over to working hunter.

Haha on a trotter? Stranger things have happened i spose lol
ozziesmum Posted - 12/11/2012 : 20:28:45
Katie.Dublin Posted - 12/11/2012 : 19:59:17
quote:

He looks an absolute sweetheart and it's hard to tell who looks happier in the last but one photo, how big is he ?

I was having a game of chicken with gary the photographer! lol. He's only a midget! Measured 14.3 when he came but he might have hit 15 now. He's only 4 or 5 y/o I think. He's got that typical horrible trotter build too lol. I'm quite tall on him but he doesn't seem to have any issues jumping ditches with my fat ass on board lol.

We planned on feeding him up and selling him straight away but after I hunted him the first time I said to hell with that, he's staying for the season anyways!!!
ozziesmum Posted - 12/11/2012 : 19:44:00
He looks an absolute sweetheart and it's hard to tell who looks happier in the last but one photo, how big is he ?
Katie.Dublin Posted - 12/11/2012 : 19:30:41
Thanks all :) He's a grand quiet lad! My little sis rides him around the place every so often but i've started hunting him the last few weeks. Hard to believe he came from an industrial estate when you see him banking a ditch!
lupi lou Posted - 12/11/2012 : 16:07:40
quote:
Originally posted by Lozzy

Sometimes i swear my TBX is a rig lol!

My Jacks the same!

You've done a cracking job the Katie, hard to belelive thats the same horse, he's looking fab!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000