The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Tarantula and mantis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 02/09/2012 : 17:56:20
First up Ruby the rat bag.

Freshly moulted and showing off her lovely red hairs:

Enjoying lunch:

Next up the marvellous Ninja. I am totally smitten with this bug lol

Dancing on glass:

If you take the next on the right..

Nooo,she's got the camera again and I need the loo!

Whoops,too late

**Whistles** it wasn't me..
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thorne Walker Posted - 23/09/2012 : 01:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Ah the joys of dealing with Tarantulas. [...] My Salmon pink is a fearless beast [...] My Chilean is a demon too [...] and there is nothing more scary than a OBT threat display, stood up drooling venom...

Oh Yeah.. not getting a T.. if there was any doubt...

I can deal with the little ones that live in and around this area (now) I don't go mental anymore, but there is no way I'd deal with a T.
smart bunny Posted - 22/09/2012 : 19:40:45
Love the mantis pics - and your quotes lol!

Ruby is impressive but, er, not my cup of tea lol. I think you are very brave though!
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/09/2012 : 14:18:04
^ ^ i have always admired taratulas, but after reading that, dont think id have one.
Mort, after reading that give yourself a massive pat on the back for keeping Ruby!!!
lotabob Posted - 21/09/2012 : 23:08:02
Ah the joys of dealing with Tarantulas. They really are a 'see how they are this minute' animal. I have a long thin drinking straw I use to see what kind of mood they are in if I need to. Most of the time I do just leave them alone, they are not really a handleable animal. My Salmon pink is a fearless beast, when I clean her out picking out the leftover bug balls she will come over to see what's going on, it helps to have the straw for her to fight with while I get on with what I need to do. My Chilean is a demon too, skittish and has bitten me before now, luckily only my finger nail. Funnily the only Tarantula that is placid and quite a timid beast is my OBT, 99% of the time it will stay out the way but even it has its moments, and there is nothing more scary than a OBT threat display, stood up drooling venom while you remove the poop from its burrow.
lupi lou Posted - 21/09/2012 : 18:05:11
you'll get there. Am phobic and i can now deal with the T's at work, i've held the chilli and that was a very sureal experiance (i couldnt handler her without some one to help me though). The way i see it even getting to the point where you can stick your hand in and change the water is a step closer to controling your fear!
love ninja so cute
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/09/2012 : 15:45:14
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

I bet you would lol. Well the outcome was that Ruby won!! I had to wait till she moved away lol. I'd offer to video it but I can't guarantee the air won't be blue

Do music instead then
See i only try to help lmao
rockroyal Posted - 21/09/2012 : 08:29:39
Very good pic's what camera was u using
Mort13 Posted - 17/09/2012 : 14:19:49
I bet you would lol. Well the outcome was that Ruby won!! I had to wait till she moved away lol. I'd offer to video it but I can't guarantee the air won't be blue
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/09/2012 : 14:56:09
hope she will settle down then, would LOVE to see you both fighting over the water bowl!!
Mort13 Posted - 11/09/2012 : 10:31:16
I did have an accidental handling sesh with her a couple of months back. Then she moulted and became a demon!
I had a chat with someone and apparently this is something that can happen,they can be lovely docile T's then they may moult and become aggressive. They may then be ok after the next moult. Time will tell.....if I can cope for that long lol!!
coxymk2 Posted - 11/09/2012 : 07:14:46
Think you might have to wait a while before handling Ruby the people lover hope she settles down for you.
Mort13 Posted - 10/09/2012 : 21:28:04
Haha yep Ninja is brill.

Ruby however is a little git!! coxymk2,she would do a good job of scaring. Its got to the point where I have to use some plastic feeding tongs to remove her water bowl

This is her after pouncing on her bowl (the first time) as I tried to remove it for cleaning and filling. She had a gob full of cricket at the time (thought it may pacify her) and twice she lunged at it. I never thought I'd be playing tug of war with a tarantula lol

coxymk2 Posted - 10/09/2012 : 20:55:20
Ninja looks brilliant fun could do with a loan of ruby to let somebody I know have a nice little scare lol
EmSquem Posted - 10/09/2012 : 19:22:56
Ninja's hilarious! Unfortunately I can't say the same about dear old Ruby . . . I'm still terrified of spiders . . . :P
Mort13 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 22:02:12
Cheers hun. I'm going to try my best to hang on and see if she's any different after her next moult....just hope it doesn't take too long. :-/
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/09/2012 : 21:57:27
Thats a shame, if you do rehome her, at least you gave it a good go
Mort13 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 21:40:03
Lol,I'll admit I was close to giving her up. My stubborn side won out though....well for now anyway!
Thorne Walker Posted - 03/09/2012 : 17:33:40
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

She attacked the paintbrush I use to move her last month,I was close to having to change my pants. I've lost my confidence with her a bit to be honest and struggling The little cow even pounced on the water as I poured it in her bowl the other day!!

Oh man.. I woulda lost my junk for sure.. gah.. as fascinated as I am by spiders I'm gonna settle with cute photos...
Mort13 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 09:20:41
Hahaha yep theres a reason Ninja is my fave bug. One things for certain,she may be my first mantis but she won't be my last...its bug love! Thankfully I've not been bitten by her....yet,she did used to run around the netting chasing my fingers but has stopped that now lol.

As for Ruby,she's not really helped with my phobia yet Scottishbluebird. Maybe in time she will,or I could just always be scared
It doesn't really help that since she moulted she's become a bit aggressive. She attacked the paintbrush I use to move her last month,I was close to having to change my pants. I've lost my confidence with her a bit to be honest and struggling The little cow even pounced on the water as I poured it in her bowl the other day!!
Lozzy Posted - 02/09/2012 : 22:17:04
Haha Ninja really did make me lol! Absolutely brilliant pics! [:D}

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000