The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Ruby

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 26/06/2012 : 16:49:32
Well I'm finding looking after her a lot easier now. Can change her water without shaking and having to practise my breathing any more haha.

Managed to get a pic showing her little claws:

In her old home. Decided I wanted her in a more secure tub lol:

Brave moment for me:

Accidental hadling session,following a certain persons advice I put my hand in front of her to stop her leaving the tub and she walked on. Can't really explaing how I was feeling as this happened!

Waiting for her to molt now. She's got a bottom like a small black olive lol:
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 07/07/2012 : 09:42:49
Awwww, so cute! I love that she walked onto your hand, see, she just wants to be friends.

Love spiders I used to be the only person who would handle the tarantula at the wildlife oasis I worked at for a while. People used to try to get other people to do it as a dare. He was a lovely little thing, no daring necessary for me! Getting him out on requests from kids (so they could see him better and learn more about him) was the best, whilst the parents stood several meters away looking very very nervous.
Corrah Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:57:28
Not sure I could cope with that. I have handled a couple of Chilean Rose tarantulas, but just could not have one as a pet.

I think I would be screaming quite a bit!

C x
smart bunny Posted - 29/06/2012 : 14:25:36
Lol, well done you!

No WAY one of those is living in our house!
bluepoolshark Posted - 29/06/2012 : 12:31:10
Sends shivers down my spine looking at spider pics, i'm such a chicken!
Lozzy Posted - 29/06/2012 : 11:23:48
Yay congrats on holding her!
Mort13 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 10:58:26
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

"Ruby Ruby Ruby! aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-AAAAHHHHHHHHH MY GOD!!!"

LMAO!! Funnily enough she was named due to her colour and that song! Never gonna sing it in the same way now though hahaha

Well Ruby moulted yesterday morning and is now almost double her size!! I've got to remove the moult and the silken moulting mat she made yet,so there will be some strange squeaky squeals coming from me when I do that.....maybe the chance of a terrified trump too!
Auld Baldy Posted - 27/06/2012 : 03:43:38
"Can't really explaing how I was feeling as this happened!"

There is no need to do any explaining, we can smell for ourselves how you were feeling.

Well done.
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/06/2012 : 01:27:11
sorry to lmao, but well done on the handling!
Cazzy Posted - 26/06/2012 : 22:54:51
i think i may have just cacked myself!! im not a fan of spiders but they seem to be popping up everywhere i look lol if i wasnt so scared i might have considered having one as a pet!
kev 5 Posted - 26/06/2012 : 22:46:35
cool looking little thing
Callazagy Posted - 26/06/2012 : 22:35:31
I wish mine was calm, I handled mine a while ago, but it was so quick it immeadiatley ran up my arm and onto my back, I had to stop my sister panicking to get it off me, lol. So yeah I don't handle it anymore, plus it has a habit of flicking uticulating hairs at me, so id raver not stress it out.

EmSquem - Chile Roses and my Mexican Red Leg are generally ungressive species and safe to handle, the bite/poison is apparantly not that bad... but I don't want to find out.
EmSquem Posted - 26/06/2012 : 22:25:09
Still bloody scary, but not so much any more :P After having them popping up in posts everywhere I'm starting to get used to them. Also, are you not supposed to handle them? Just curious, I know tarantulas are meant to be poisonous :) :)
ScalySituation Posted - 26/06/2012 : 17:21:33
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

OMG this made me laugh so hard my tummy hurts!!
oakleyman18 Posted - 26/06/2012 : 17:20:59
Mort13 Posted - 26/06/2012 : 17:04:39
Lol at the swear filter!
Mort13 Posted - 26/06/2012 : 17:03:40
Haha cheers. Yep I know exactly what you mean there Scaly. So glad Ruby is such a calm girl,reckon I'd have had a ****y fit if not!
ScalySituation Posted - 26/06/2012 : 17:01:06
slowly not hating these any more :)
343guiltyspark Posted - 26/06/2012 : 16:58:36
Cool spider.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000