The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 F.A.O. lotabob

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 05/06/2012 : 12:10:36
Hi Rob

you want to start getting your cocoon tub ready now.

When they reach this size.

Preparing your tub. Kitchen roll first then green mesh and tubes then food then silkies.

Now sit back and wait.

Jane
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 07/06/2012 : 10:05:48
Wow, they get huge compared to that little dot on a teaspoon you posted the other week! Looks like you've got their care off to a fine art :D
lotabob Posted - 05/06/2012 : 16:13:10
No I still cook them in the pot, it takes a bit longer but is quite easy once you get the hang of how much water to put in.
ozziesmum Posted - 05/06/2012 : 15:57:09
That's the tedious bit cutting up the cardboard, it looks like you're all ready and it won't be long now, you'll see them start to build the loose web first when they start tapping their nose around the inside of the cardboard pieces laying the first threads down until they've built what looks like a ball of spiders web with them on the inside, once they've done that they'll build the proper cocoon around themselves. It's fascinating to watch.

Did you get yourself a microwave or are you still cooking it on the cooker?, I must be quite strange as I like the smell when it's cooking it reminds me of used teabags which is even stranger as I hate tea.
lotabob Posted - 05/06/2012 : 14:41:14
Thanks for the heads up, i actually spend about half an hour last night cutting up tubes of cardboard and they are in as one was looking quite fluffy at the back, thought it may have began its cocooning (i ont tell you what my auto correct suggested for that word, they would have suffocated in one of those though). I'm cooking up annew batch of food tonight, that should be fun/stinky.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000