The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Almost made it on to Vambo's menu. :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Auld Baldy Posted - 30/05/2012 : 01:40:48
Vambo is certainly starting to improve his appetite. I usually have to give him a little 'encouragement' to take. Seems that he is gaining a bit more confidence. He squared up and chased me out of the viv, out the door and straight as a poker and directly for my nose. I managed to get these 2 shots. He went back to snuffling the mouse for 10 minutes and I managed to get the mouse and give it a wee jiggle ... you should have seen the strike and constrict he put on it!! He went rolling down the full length of the viv then back up again. Sorry I couldn't get a picture of it but believe me, even Chewy on Snakebytes would have been impressed. Ha-ha!

Crouching kitten ..

Leaping Dragon ..
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 04/06/2012 : 14:01:26
Quality breeding always shows in the table manners, you only have to see me with a plate of spag-bol.

BTW, that pinkish flush on his throat only appears at feeding time. It runs down about 9 inches from his neck. I'm guessing it is extra blood flooding the area to allow stretching when swallowing larger prey.
Donnie Posted - 04/06/2012 : 09:30:08
Woo hoo, great news sounds like he has got great table manners
Auld Baldy Posted - 04/06/2012 : 04:35:33
YES!!! Another step in the right direction, Vambo loves rat for dinner.

I put him in his restaurant tub and BANG! That rat was snatched at the first offer with a lightning strike and constrict. (No burst, thankfully.)

He curled up with it in a killer bite stranglehold for about 10 minutes and then swallowed it down at a leisurely rate. I gave him another 10 minutes to wriggle it down and then lifted him back into his viv with absolutely best behaviour from him, unlike that naughty Sanke. He's currently splayed out under his heat lamp with a very satisfied looking grin on his face

The rat was a small one but still 3 or 4 times the largest mouse he's taken so far. I'm really pleased that it went so well and to see a decent bump in his belly for a change. He also had a very genteel sip of water to clear his palate. No gulps, just a long slow sip.

Okeetee Mick Posted - 01/06/2012 : 20:53:23
He looks great, I must admit I do like a little attitude. Got tagged for the first time yesterday by my carpet, didn't hurt but just reminded me who's the boss
Auld Baldy Posted - 01/06/2012 : 17:17:23
I think he's getting it into his head that my grey beard is a giant mouse. I'll be trying him on a small rat next feeding time and get him weaned off my chin.
Donnie Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:30:44
Glad he is coming on well for you. Keep up the good work :)
ScalySituation Posted - 30/05/2012 : 19:19:06
wow!

hes got a lovely air about him
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/05/2012 : 18:54:42
lol fantastic pic!
kev 5 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 13:01:06
great pics
Mamma Posted - 30/05/2012 : 12:51:08
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

i reaallllllly want a carpet python i know the jungles are supposed to be the evil ones but the one and only jungle i held was lovely in comparison to the rather feisty coastal i handled lol

me too but the costals get toooooo big for me. I would one day in the future like to own a jungle jag as well. Beautiful colours

Maybe once the kids have grown up and left the house
Figs Posted - 30/05/2012 : 12:42:50
Pow!! hahaha! Bless him
paulie78 Posted - 30/05/2012 : 12:38:16
i reaallllllly want a carpet python i know the jungles are supposed to be the evil ones but the one and only jungle i held was lovely in comparison to the rather feisty coastal i handled lol
Mamma Posted - 30/05/2012 : 10:31:56
I honestly love this guy. Hows he coming along temperament wise? I will drop you a wee message today see if you are about for a chat xx
smart bunny Posted - 30/05/2012 : 07:57:08
Wooooaaah! lol
nusnakemum Posted - 30/05/2012 : 06:32:00
ha ha brilliant

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000