The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 New additions of the creepy crawly type :-)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 22:06:22
Right,my nets actually working quite decently so I thought I'd get a couple of pics up of my new additions I got on Sunday
For all you arachnophobes,there is a spider further down the page!

First up though is Ninja,the Congo Green preying Mantis. Been fascinated by these since i was a kid. She's only tiny,and boy is she fast!! Pics are pants as they were taken through the side of a cup:

Next up is Ruby,my ickle red phase g.rosea (Chilean Rose) tarantula. She's the pet I never thought I'd have as I'm petrified of spiders lol. After I made a post on the BTS forum explaining how I am and that I was thinking of getting a tarantula as I'd had enough of being scared and someone very kindly said they wanted to give her to me to help me with my phobia!
Anyhow,here she is. Still can't believe I've done this lol:

Was "fun" putting the water bowl in with her haha! Her bowl is the lid of a plastic milk bottle which gives you an idea of how small she is.....for a tarantula anyway:
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 02/06/2012 : 10:58:12
Lol Figs!! I must admit I did nearly mess my pants last weekend as Ruby almost escaped. I wanted to change her water but a couple of her legs were on the bowl so I tried "herding" her with a paintbrush and she went the wrong way,ran up the side of the tub and was teetering on the lip...good job the kids were playing outside as my language was blue!! Need to stick some L plates on her I think!

Stegore,mantids are more awesome than I even realised. The interaction with them is mental. I thought I'd managed to sneak up on Ninja the other day and was watching her for about half a minute....then quick as a flash her head swivelled right round and she fixed me with her big buggy eyes. Outwitted by a bug lol. They had some Orchids at the BTS show and they were beautiful,decided to stick with more of a beginners one for my first though.....she won't be the last thats for sure!
Figs Posted - 27/05/2012 : 13:13:04
The terror!
They can stay behind the screen... but from there they sure are pretty
Hissyfit Posted - 27/05/2012 : 13:00:55
The mantis is cool...not sure about the spider though!
kev 5 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 11:28:46
the mantis looks good
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/05/2012 : 23:30:16
loving Ruby, so diddy congrats!
SteGore Posted - 24/05/2012 : 22:41:26
Love mantids.Got my eye on a orchid mantis at the moment.
adamasrc Posted - 24/05/2012 : 22:40:43
got my first tarantula tuesday, just held her today.. its weird im not scared of her anymore but lots of bugs still creep me out

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000