The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 So... I want one of these... (pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 21/04/2012 : 21:52:54

Shes a savannah monitor lizard. Look at this face:

*heart melts*

Its not gonna happen lol.

Shes currently living in Amazonia... an indoor rainforest up here in Scotland. I took the kids there today and they loved it. Took some piccies and thought I would share some with you.

my kids handling a whites tree frog:

I wont bore you with anymore heehee. It was a great day out!

Thanks for having a wee look xx
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 22/04/2012 : 16:59:48
yeah shes on a diet apparently cos she was an overweight rescue lol
Sta~ple Posted - 22/04/2012 : 16:56:25
Looks great! That frog is massive!
343guiltyspark Posted - 22/04/2012 : 15:09:32
That frog looks scary (I'm scared of frogs).
tordyjo Posted - 22/04/2012 : 12:09:56
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

for 3 hours worth of drive there and 3 hrs back? No. Its not a very big place. You would prob only spend like 2 hrs there at the very most.

thanks for that, however i have promised the little troublemaker, a little mini break over the summer and at the moment the only contender is a few nights away at my grandmothers with my mother - erm hell. You've actually given me an idea to book a couple of nights in your bonny scotland and possibly have that on the list as something to do, just looking at other places to visit now

Don't get me wrong though i do love the rellies, but its not easy entertaing an 11 year old for 2 or 3 days when they don't want to do the same sort of things
Mamma Posted - 22/04/2012 : 11:51:39
for 3 hours worth of drive there and 3 hrs back? No. Its not a very big place. You would prob only spend like 2 hrs there at the very most.
tordyjo Posted - 22/04/2012 : 11:32:26
I've just googled, it, we don't have anything similar localish to us, google maps reckons it would take us 3 hours to drive - is it worth the drive for all that time with my 11 year old?
kev 5 Posted - 22/04/2012 : 10:14:58
excellent pics,it looks really good there
Mamma Posted - 22/04/2012 : 09:43:14
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

wow looks amazing!! waaaaaayyy too far for me tho :(

I didnt know it existed until the other day!! The only problem with it though is its on site for a big themepark... the tickets to the theme park are mega expensive... and so the kids come out of Amazonia and want on all the rides they see. Wristband is £25 per person and my kids are too young to go on half the rides. Would be better if it wasnt stuck in amoungst all of that.

I also left a comment in their visitor book, advising perhaps a member of staff should be around in the nocturnal room. (There was no one there). There were so many kids slamming full force on the vivs cos they couldnt see the animals properly... or shouting at them etc... and so many adults taking photos with flash photography... there were a couple of very stressed looking animals in there

My fav bit (apart from the savannah monitor) was the boas in the nocturnal room I sat for soooo long just staring at them. Even though they were just soaking in huge rubs, not moving much. Beautiful.
ScalySituation Posted - 22/04/2012 : 09:37:25
wow looks amazing!! waaaaaayyy too far for me tho :(
Mamma Posted - 22/04/2012 : 09:30:51
Thanks guys.

@scottishbluebird.... its in Glasgow... its actually apart of M&Ds funfair place. Kids go free until the end of May if you google Amazonia and print off the voucher xxxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/04/2012 : 23:51:16
love the second pic lol, great pics, going now to google it, see how far it is!
tordyjo Posted - 21/04/2012 : 23:33:59
what fab pics, no wonder you enjoyed it looks ace, and they're definately not boring
Lozzy Posted - 21/04/2012 : 22:59:27
That looks like an amazing place! Thanks for sharing the awsome pictures!!!

x
Donnie Posted - 21/04/2012 : 22:56:14
Looks like a great place, nothing like that around here to take my kids to will have to try and remember it for when we venture north again
nusnakemum Posted - 21/04/2012 : 22:36:50
omg how did you get a photo of me first thing int morning, savannah monitor lizard my ar.e thats a Nickyausaurus in the mornings...................
Primrose22 Posted - 21/04/2012 : 22:24:08
Looks lots of fun, wish we were nearer!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000