The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 New babys!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SteGore Posted - 22/02/2012 : 22:20:03
Well eventualy we got let down with the beardies.
Not best pleased to say the least.

But anyway went to the petshop today and saw these two cuties £10 the pair...Burmese Millipedes Genghis and Vlad.

If anybody has any helpful advice or tips I would be grateful.
Cheers.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 27/02/2012 : 18:17:45
Aw they really are lovely. Wish I'd had mine from younger,I got him as an adult and have no idea of his age.
smart bunny Posted - 24/02/2012 : 11:24:18
Slightly different to a beardie! I'm really surprised how long they live :O
SteGore Posted - 23/02/2012 : 19:40:36
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Yay for millies!!
Looks so cute,quite small too unless you have big hands. Do you know what sex they are?

They are easy to care for,although it does vary with different species. I was misled with the advice I got though so looked it all up.
I have mine in a large faun (you ideally want it at least 3 times their length) with eco-earth,bark and leaves I collected to about 3 inches deep. He's branches to climb on and he does use them a lot and I've put sphagnum moss in too. I spray his enclosure regularly to keep the substrate moist and he drinks the droplets off the sides. He seems to prefer cucumber over anything but eats any other soft veg. I sprinkle calcium dust into his enclusure every now and then,he won't touch cuttlefish. From all accounts they like to be able to move about under the substrate but mine never has.

I also popped some woodlice in with him as they help clean up and get rid of any mould etc. Have to remove a load every now and again as they breed like rabbits lol.

Yes i have a giant hand.lol
We got them as a pair but as far as i can tell ther both girls.
Too small to tell at the moment tho.

Mort13 Posted - 23/02/2012 : 11:28:31
Yay for millies!!
Looks so cute,quite small too unless you have big hands. Do you know what sex they are?

They are easy to care for,although it does vary with different species. I was misled with the advice I got though so looked it all up.
I have mine in a large faun (you ideally want it at least 3 times their length) with eco-earth,bark and leaves I collected to about 3 inches deep. He's branches to climb on and he does use them a lot and I've put sphagnum moss in too. I spray his enclosure regularly to keep the substrate moist and he drinks the droplets off the sides. He seems to prefer cucumber over anything but eats any other soft veg. I sprinkle calcium dust into his enclusure every now and then,he won't touch cuttlefish. From all accounts they like to be able to move about under the substrate but mine never has.

I also popped some woodlice in with him as they help clean up and get rid of any mould etc. Have to remove a load every now and again as they breed like rabbits lol.
ScalySituation Posted - 23/02/2012 : 10:27:52
NAWWW :)
Avonaco Posted - 23/02/2012 : 04:48:13
quote:
Originally posted by SteGore

quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

what interesting critters. how big do they get?

About 10 inches.
Live for 7 to 10 years.

May i know that name?
SteGore Posted - 22/02/2012 : 22:45:13
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

About 10 inches.
Live for 7 to 10 years.
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/02/2012 : 22:39:01
lol at such big names for such little critters! When Mort13 first put up pics of her one i didnt like him, but they cute now! Vlad is one of the names i have for a crestie i plan to get in future!
Georgina Posted - 22/02/2012 : 22:28:38

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000