The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 More GAL pictures

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 17/01/2012 : 18:05:06
I'm so amazed with their growth and how pretty they are that another lot of pictures are on the way.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/03/2012 : 13:40:41
lol love the hug pic!
lotabob Posted - 11/03/2012 : 01:40:38
Still growing

Sta~ple Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:35:55
No.... although I think you could make a lot of money with your idea. I've seen videos of people being BSed to believed having snails crawling on their face made their skin good in a special way and they paid 100 dollars for it... :P
lotabob Posted - 21/02/2012 : 19:39:50
What do you mean if? Dont you?
Sta~ple Posted - 21/02/2012 : 08:27:02
Maybe bob.. maybe... if you decorate your feet with leaves :p
lotabob Posted - 20/02/2012 : 13:15:54
I just felt it grind its scraper tongue thing on the tip of my nail, only once though. Maybe it found something interesting but they eat everything so it wouldn't surprise me if it just fancied a snack. Oooh maybe I can train them to eat dead skin off feet like those fish, a pedicure and moisturiser in one. lol.
Sta~ple Posted - 20/02/2012 : 13:10:46
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Sta~ple, when my hand is wet they dont really slime all over you, if its dry its like a whale loogied on your hand but I just dont find them disgusting even when they try to eat my finger nails.

Ok did think they were kinda sweet, but now.... not so much!

I feel even more ill looking at the pictures now! Why would they try and eat your finger nails unless you have some grubbyness under them XD
Mamma Posted - 20/02/2012 : 12:13:04
fabulous. I have an albino coming this week. I used to keep them long time ago Their growth rate is looking great!
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/02/2012 : 15:42:56
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Sta~ple, when my hand is wet they dont really slime all over you, if its dry its like a whale loogied on your hand but I just dont find them disgusting even when they try to eat my finger nails.

Ok did think they were kinda sweet, but now.... not so much!
lotabob Posted - 19/02/2012 : 14:11:18
They seem to like it, I run the shower tepid and let it splash my hand which then splashes them and they head straight for the water. They are mucky monsters so I clean their RUB and their shells once a week. I am now just putting a whole lettuce in for them a week, they seem to enjoy climbing into the middle and eating their way out. They also destroy a cuttle bone every few weeks too.

ScalySituation Posted - 19/02/2012 : 10:18:26
they are v big now! :P what do they think of bath time?
Sta~ple Posted - 19/02/2012 : 10:14:08
Gosh they have grown! They are pretty but how can you have them in your hand! Even looking at them on your hand makes me feel a bit pukish.
lotabob Posted - 19/02/2012 : 02:48:27
Well they are even bigger now, again taken a few pictures after their shower (yes I give them a shower).

lotabob Posted - 20/01/2012 : 21:38:21
Yeah they have a heat mat. Its at 25oC on the back wall, they only ever go snuggle to it when it drops really cold though as it doesn't do a vast amount for the heat in the tub but room temp seems to be fine for them.
Falice Posted - 20/01/2012 : 21:07:17
do u use a heat source for them? i had them years ago but i was quite young so i dont really remember.
lotabob Posted - 18/01/2012 : 21:04:07
It will, I'll buy varnish.
Red123 Posted - 18/01/2012 : 20:39:43
Its a real shame that the beautiful colouration of the shells don't stay like that all their life.
lotabob Posted - 18/01/2012 : 13:18:57
Oh yeah most nights I fall asleep to grating noises, they have 2 cuttle bones in now too . Their shells are incredible, the pictures dont do them full justice, you can only just make out the lines as they put down a bit more shell then they switch colour every now and again, they are laying a pale bit now but will switch to dark red/brown again soon. It amazes and baffles me how they do it.
Mort13 Posted - 18/01/2012 : 11:41:08
The shells are gorgeous on them,when I think what a terrible state their parents shells were in....poor things!
The school were non too happy when I brought them back with a care sheet attached to their tub etc,talk about if looks could kill!!
I bet you can really hear them grating away at the cuttlefish now can't you!
lotabob Posted - 17/01/2012 : 22:26:15
Get some, mine only cost me a few pound for the cuttle bones, the food they eat is left over dog food, left over Gecko food and leftover my food. They are perfect waste disposal units.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000