The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 My housies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 04/01/2012 : 13:17:35
First up is little Ollivander. After going out New Years Eve I cam home at half past midnight to find he'd shed. Took this New Years day while tidying up his tub:

Had a bit of an OOPS with him on the 2nd Jan when I went to feed him. He threw himself about so much he ended up half in/half out of his moist hide. I kept watch and he ate his pink on the top of it:

Eli also shed over the Xmas period and must have been hungry afterwards as he almost burst his mouse!

Last but not least is my already much missed Echo as I like to remember her (I couldn't leave her out,hope no one minds)
Never posted this for some reason,always been a fave of mine. Back in August being a beast:

A month and half ago just being her cheeky inquisitive self:
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 12:28:57
I think Ollie knows whats been said about him and he got a bit too big for his boots yesterday. Yep my first bite in ages and he managed to draw blood again much to my friends amusement!
Mort13 Posted - 08/01/2012 : 10:28:47
Thankyou. Yeah Olives are fascinating little snakes,little being the operative word!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 07/01/2012 : 22:03:21
Great pics Mort, I really do like olives.
Mort13 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 18:27:55
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Mort, i have to ask, where did you get olivander? He is such a stunner! Im looking to celebrate getting my new job by getting a house snake.. where did you get yours? Thanks!!

Thankyou I got him from A C Snakes,fantastic breeder. I don't think they've any hatchies at the mo but they will be breeding them again. Ps. Good choice of treat there.
Mort13 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 18:25:56
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

hehe :)
they are beauties
mum says i can have as many snakes as i can fit in my room but no more until sonnys in at least her 3footer, which at the rate she's growing wont be long! heh heh,

Ha! You could always put a divider in to speed up the process!
oakleyman18 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 16:05:37
Mort, i have to ask, where did you get olivander? He is such a stunner! Im looking to celebrate getting my new job by getting a house snake.. where did you get yours? Thanks!!
ScalySituation Posted - 06/01/2012 : 12:05:58
hehe :)
they are beauties
mum says i can have as many snakes as i can fit in my room but no more until sonnys in at least her 3footer, which at the rate she's growing wont be long! heh heh,
Mort13 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:54:00
Excellent! Just tell her they are small snakes,smaller than corns
ScalySituation Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:48:51
Olive housie on my wishlist :)
not too far till sonny will up a viv size so maybe.. just maybe mum will let me :P
Mort13 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:39:50
They are great Kez,go for it!

I can see Jesus!! Lol,maybe I should call the local paper and tell them an image of him has been found on my snakes pebble!
Kath Posted - 06/01/2012 : 10:17:43
lol Midge, just looked again & see what u mean!

Think we're supposed to be focusing on snakies tho!! haha.
Midge Posted - 06/01/2012 : 01:21:39
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Thankyou. Lol,I must be more tired than you Midge. Hard as I try I can't see Jesus but I can see a skinned pigs head!

It took me a while but I saw the pig!!

Jesus is in the pigs snout! lol!

I guarantee that sentence has never been uttered before!
Kez Posted - 05/01/2012 : 22:39:20
Ooooooh, me likes the sound of the housies Mort might have to add them to my wishlist mwahahahaha
Mort13 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 13:45:02
Thankyou. Lol,I must be more tired than you Midge. Hard as I try I can't see Jesus but I can see a skinned pigs head!

@ Scaleysituation: The T-Albino Capes (Echo and Eli) were £30 each,Ollie was more expensive at £50,but they aren't as commonly bred as Capes. If you check out the A C Snakes website they have an estimated price list. I got Ollie from them.

@ Kez: I found the Capes to be no different than the corns for handling (the only difference as hatchies is they are really small and super fast!) Ollie was a nippy sod to begin with but is now also great to handle,very quick though lol!
I keep them all at a slightly higher temp than the corns,about 30/31 degrees C. Olives need a little more humidity so Ollie has a moist hide and quite a large water bowl for his size. I provide the Capes with a moist hide around shedding time. Aside from that theres no real difference in their care.
Oh,and they feel completely different to corns....almost silky
Kez Posted - 05/01/2012 : 11:06:55
Wow, very pretty snakes Mort and Ollivander is especially gorgeous with the iridescence going on I can see why you love that pic of little Echo, she has amazing eyes too

Are housies very different in temperament and husbandry to corns?
Emmy1 Posted - 05/01/2012 : 10:54:05
quote:
Originally posted by Midge

On another note I keep seeing jesus' face in the rock in the second pic! (Well a guy with a beard anyway) that could be lack of sleep though!

I see the face!
Sta~ple Posted - 05/01/2012 : 08:29:35
Gorgeous snakes.
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/01/2012 : 02:21:26
Great pics, lmao at the second pic! and ewww on the burst mouse, least it wasnt guts out!
Midge Posted - 05/01/2012 : 00:56:25
Nice snakes, ollivanders patern near the eyes looks awesome. On another note I keep seeing jesus' face in the rock in the second pic! (Well a guy with a beard anyway) that could be lack of sleep though!
ScalySituation Posted - 04/01/2012 : 19:46:15
i might see if i can get one :P whats the cost on these guys?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000