The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 My family

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
c00ki3z Posted - 26/10/2011 : 12:13:24
My fiancé and I love our furry and scaly friends :P
As you can see in my sig, we have a cat, dog, two tarantulas and my snake..

Here's the pics!

This is Brea (BB), our daft cat who walks to Tesco and Blockbuster with us.

This is our doggie Rosie (or Buddy) a Mini Schnauzer, amazing dog.

Hailey our Chile Rose, we were told he was a girl, then he molted and got his mating hooks...

And this is Ebony, our Brazilian Black... the most docile tarantula that exists! She alone cost £90

My corn has her own thread...

Thanks for looking :)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vince_the_snake Posted - 24/11/2011 : 08:09:26
Ebony's gigantic!(I'd love a brazilian black). My cat is the same with plastic bags but also loves boxes!
tomp33 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 07:37:36
Lovely dog and cat but please please spider warning next time, Ebony is bleurgh.(No offence, just arachnaphobic and have no idea how you could own that)
Lol
c00ki3z Posted - 28/10/2011 : 22:52:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kath

Hi c00ki3z,

Looked at your pics earlier of your spiders & for about half an hour after, I was feeling very itchy & shivery! I have held 2 tarantulas before, surprised myself because I hate house spiders but guy that had them said they were different to those spiders & they were.
I held them ok but only when they were still, as soon as I could feel them move, I passed them back!
I was telling my OH about your spiders & he could see I was itching so he sneaked off, got a little plastic snake we have & threw it in my lap! Frightened me to death & almost jumped out my skin!

I hate house spiders - even the babies - they make me scream! For some reason I get itchy from our spiders, but my OH doesn't. And how could he play a prank :P I have a fuzzy Corn Snake tied to our babies cot so I could probably do the same... Hmmm
Kath Posted - 28/10/2011 : 22:02:30
Hi c00ki3z,

Looked at your pics earlier of your spiders & for about half an hour after, I was feeling very itchy & shivery! I have held 2 tarantulas before, surprised myself because I hate house spiders but guy that had them said they were different to those spiders & they were.
I held them ok but only when they were still, as soon as I could feel them move, I passed them back!
I was telling my OH about your spiders & he could see I was itching so he sneaked off, got a little plastic snake we have & threw it in my lap! Frightened me to death & almost jumped out my skin!
Dancross0 Posted - 28/10/2011 : 17:55:44
Ebony is lovely! I love keeping scorpions and tarantulas; they are facinating to watch.

And Pink Toes are lovely, I had a male one for a few years, they're quite calm. Not like the Zebra leg I've got now.....
c00ki3z Posted - 28/10/2011 : 12:42:10
There's a video on Youtube with someone tickling the belly of one. I'd love to do that to ours, just too scared to.. haha
She did this yesterday, if she fell, she'd probably get hurt..

Mort13 Posted - 28/10/2011 : 11:50:39
Aww love the first 2 and the chilean rose has a certain beauty about it.
The big black beastie though....eeek! It looks like the one a bloke got out at a rep show. He showed me how calm it was and held it upside down while stroking its underside. I gradually got closer and then it shot up his arm though once righted and I jumped back and nearly knocked someone over lol.
Kez Posted - 27/10/2011 : 14:04:46
Ooooh, yes pleeeease lol
c00ki3z Posted - 27/10/2011 : 12:03:07
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

yeah just showed the hubby your ebony with a hopeful smile and he basically told me to take a running jump... hahahaha

What a shame :P One thing I can tell you, you'd expect them to be heavy, but they're almost weightless...

quote:
Originally posted by Kez

Ewwwwwww, the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck have just stood up lol

Hehe, I'll have to post more pics of my corn when she has finished shedding to calm you back down :P
Kez Posted - 27/10/2011 : 11:24:35
Ewwwwwww, the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck have just stood up lol
Mamma Posted - 27/10/2011 : 08:53:17
yeah just showed the hubby your ebony with a hopeful smile and he basically told me to take a running jump... hahahaha
c00ki3z Posted - 27/10/2011 : 00:15:12
Here's the scale difference,
This is me and Hailey

This is me and Ebony
paulie78 Posted - 26/10/2011 : 23:21:11
Omg thats either one mahoosive spider or you have teeny tiny hands lol (sorry not a spider fan lol) the cat and dog are awesome though i see im not alone in having a cat obsessed with carrier bags haha
c00ki3z Posted - 26/10/2011 : 23:12:10
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

^ ^ OMG! has she ever bit you?

Nah, they are the kitten of the tarantula species. There has never been a reported bite from a Brazilian Black.
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 17:59:22
^ ^ OMG! has she ever bit you?
c00ki3z Posted - 26/10/2011 : 14:47:54
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

All gorgeous, Ebony is mahoosive!! What is it with cats and plastic bags?

Goodness knows, her favourite is Farmfoods bags since they're huge lol

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

jesus mate put a warning in the title next time you want to post pics of those desgusting things
that black one at the end is absolutly huge, that has just made me look under the sofa just incase, although i like the cat and the dog

Haha, remember to watch out when you go to bed too, her fangs are an inch long...
reptiledanny Posted - 26/10/2011 : 14:46:22
jesus mate put a warning in the title next time you want to post pics of those desgusting things
that black one at the end is absolutly huge, that has just made me look under the sofa just incase, although i like the cat and the dog
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 14:42:40
All gorgeous, Ebony is mahoosive!! What is it with cats and plastic bags?
c00ki3z Posted - 26/10/2011 : 12:45:43
Hailey fits into one of my hands, Ebo needs two, I think her current size from front foot to back is about 7".
It's a shame because Hailey will die soon (lucky if he lasts another year) and Ebony has about twenty years left.
That's the interesting thing about tarantulas, every species if different. I personally want a pinktoe, I want a spider with wee pink booties!

And I know how you felt Kez about being scared...I hate little spiders..I just think tarantulas are cute and fuzzy

Edit: Can you believe Buddy is 11? haha
Kez Posted - 26/10/2011 : 12:43:54
OMG, Brea and Rosie are soooooo adorable (especially Rosie) but those other beasties scare the b'jesus outa me!!!! I can feel myself quaking now and have my feet up off the floor onto the sofa so that they can't run across my feet I'm a massive arachnophobe as you may have guessed, lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000