The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Ramona :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 30/09/2011 : 15:36:05
Say hello to my new special little Hogg Island Boa girl Ramona.

Shes very special as she survived a traumatic birth, and the breeder then realised her jaw was mis-aligned and one of her eyes bigger than the other. Shes a year and a half now and her jaw has, over time, sorted itself out. Her eyes still remain the same.

She was bred by Ian Kerr.

In one of the photos her smaller eye looks very blue... Ian siad her eye is usualy a blue colour but causes her no problems.

Thank you for looking
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 02/10/2011 : 12:17:53
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

Beautiful new snake! I have a big soft spot for boas!
On the subject of blind snakes, I came across a blind snake last year that a friend of mine rescued. He was a very old king snake, whose owner was emigrating and couldn't take the snake with him. The advise the owner gave my friend before he handed him over was that the snake may be blind but he'd still bite you between the eyes everytime. The man was right! This snake could strike and get the rat's head perfectly each time. Also, right inbetween your fingers, the soft skin on your arms where it really hurts, etc. We reckon that him being blind made his other senses very strong, such as scent and detection of vibrations and distinguishing different textures. It's amazing how adaption works.

lmao! Fab story!! xx

Thanks guys for all the lovely comments
Emmy1 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:33:17
Beautiful new snake! I have a big soft spot for boas!
On the subject of blind snakes, I came across a blind snake last year that a friend of mine rescued. He was a very old king snake, whose owner was emigrating and couldn't take the snake with him. The advise the owner gave my friend before he handed him over was that the snake may be blind but he'd still bite you between the eyes everytime. The man was right! This snake could strike and get the rat's head perfectly each time. Also, right inbetween your fingers, the soft skin on your arms where it really hurts, etc. We reckon that him being blind made his other senses very strong, such as scent and detection of vibrations and distinguishing different textures. It's amazing how adaption works.
Newbie Posted - 01/10/2011 : 22:39:31
Awwww she's adorable Mamma, what a special girl
Mamma Posted - 01/10/2011 : 21:52:27
yes she shouldnt grow bigger than 5 Ian breeds his hogg islands to dwarf xx
nathan76 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 19:40:10
very nice. 5ft max you say? thats a boa i might be allowed in the house, lol
Mamma Posted - 01/10/2011 : 09:05:58
LMAO thanks guys! Yes... that empty spot will perhaps be filled nxt september
Auld Baldy Posted - 30/09/2011 : 23:12:16
Mamma, you do realise that your sig requires that empty slot to be filled to comply with forum rules. There's your excuse.

Ramona's got a real laid back look to her. Congratulations.
kdlang Posted - 30/09/2011 : 21:43:29
She is beautiful
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/09/2011 : 20:37:24
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

Im going to donny next september ............... that's a while

OOH plenty time to save up for a few new snakies
Mamma Posted - 30/09/2011 : 19:49:32
Thanks guys
I think he will cope just fine he even said to someone the other day he wouldnt say shes my last... just my last for a while.....

Im going to donny next september ............... that's a while
nusnakemum Posted - 30/09/2011 : 19:34:38
aaaawww lovely
ptmbradley Posted - 30/09/2011 : 19:24:02
She is a beauty, and an absolute bargain to boot! I too thought about it, but decided against it. Glad you got her.

If I can stretch to it, I'm hoping to eventually get my sunglow from Ian, or if not him then a boa breeder of equal quality and standing.

She gorge.
paulie78 Posted - 30/09/2011 : 18:06:33
aww shes gorgeous i have a softspot for anything slightly out of the ordinary being a bit of genetic oddball myself lol bless her shes a lil stunner congrats mate
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/09/2011 : 17:51:37
She is a beauty, what about your poor OH, is he coping ok?
Figs Posted - 30/09/2011 : 16:27:39
So cute!!
Special snakes are always good
Mort13 Posted - 30/09/2011 : 16:25:35
Tis a pleasure. Yep,she melted me rather and she's so gorgeous! You must be over the moon.
Mamma Posted - 30/09/2011 : 16:11:20
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Aw wow,its this one you got! I umm'd and ahh'd over her myself,but have to be good at the mo.
Well chuffed you've got her. Congrats!!!

fank you

yeah its her! lol! I didnt realise you had your eye on her too Im totally chuffed. Shes so good natured etc its unreal
Mort13 Posted - 30/09/2011 : 16:09:39
Aw wow,its this one you got! I umm'd and ahh'd over her myself,but have to be good at the mo.
Well chuffed you've got her. Congrats!!!
Mamma Posted - 30/09/2011 : 16:05:43
quote:
Originally posted by Simmy_82

Eye considerably smaller. Is it blue because she is partially blind in it you think?

How big do these Boas get?

Thanks guys
Both Ian and I are not sure if she is blind in that eye completely, but definately no full vision. But again it doesnt effect her in any way noticable. She still eats fine etc.

Ian's hogg islands are specifically bred as dwarfs.. she should max out at 5 foot
gmac Posted - 30/09/2011 : 16:00:35
very cool mamma :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000