The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not reps but not sure where to put this...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tarotpodge Posted - 22/09/2011 : 20:46:11
Meet Azi, my tempary long term foster, possible she will be staying here forever as her owner is very ill.

Lady muck!!!!

Way too big to be a lap dog!!!possibly not....

All getting on nicely

We love George

Thank you for looking x
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Emmy1 Posted - 29/09/2011 : 23:28:49
Sounds like she's become more confident in your care. All the best with her!
tarotpodge Posted - 29/09/2011 : 20:10:27
of course, thats one reason why she chose me to have her. So that her and her family will still see her on the school runs and they can come round when ever they like.
She is a very quick learner and i have been working hard to work with some of her not so great learnt behaviours, but didnt want to imprint my ways on her too much if she was going home. Now i can intergrate her properly in to the family.
I was told she is a nervous dog and she doesnt like the car. The only nervous reactions iv seen is a bike reved close to her and the sound of the train gates when they lift and clatter. Thought i would start to get her acclimatised to the car slowly by just introducing her to the car with boot open then go from there. With no effort or encouragement she was in the car comfortable. So started the engine 2 see if that was the problem, no reaction. Drove round the block, still no reaction...hmmmm
Emmy1 Posted - 29/09/2011 : 19:35:18
The poor poor owner, I cannot imagine how painful it must be to let a best buddy go. At least Azi is in good, capable hands now. Surely Azi's old owner can visit her now and again.
tarotpodge Posted - 29/09/2011 : 19:18:20
It must of been a very difficult decision 2 make. It would break my heart 2 have 2 give up my pets. But she has 2 be realistic for the dog and her capabilities. She said she was happy for Azi 2 stay as she has settled in so well, if the dogs happy, I'm happy with her then she is happy.
scottishbluebird Posted - 29/09/2011 : 19:05:40
I really do feel for the owner, but at least she knows Azi will have a fantastic home
tarotpodge Posted - 29/09/2011 : 18:18:41
I spoke 2 Azi's owner 2day. She is a lot better. Not fully recovered but getting better each day. She appologized for not contacting me but she said she was putting it off as its sad for her. Azi will be staying with us permanantly as she has settled in so well, her owner is unable 2 cope and her health could deteriate again in the future. At least now I don't have 2 worry about not getting attatched.
fluffycorn Posted - 24/09/2011 : 16:37:48
she is beautiful
Hissyfit Posted - 24/09/2011 : 16:26:28
She gorgeous! Good luck to your friend, but hopefully she'll decide to let you keep her, she does look very settled
Newbie Posted - 23/09/2011 : 10:21:45
What a lovely girl!
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/09/2011 : 01:39:48
I do hope the owner gets better, if you do end up with her at least she will know it will be a great home, those are great pics!
tarotpodge Posted - 22/09/2011 : 22:42:55
Told the kids off the other day for not shutting the front door properly. Next day caught her open the front door. But she just stood there for about 4 mins looking out the door b4 I realised what she had done . Lol.

Personally, I can't see that she realistically will be able to go home. Her owner was in hospital unable 2 move with arthritis + complications. She has teenage kids that "could walk her" but its also a safety issue within the house ie knocking her over. but I do hope she gets better enough so she can have her pet back. But iv said I will keep her indefinatly on foster until she can make a decision best for her, her family and above all her health and capabilities.
kdlang Posted - 22/09/2011 : 22:41:30
She is adorable and you can tell how comfortable she feels with you. All the best to your friend. I hope she recovers but thst you can still be second mummy to Azi
paulie78 Posted - 22/09/2011 : 22:37:04
She is gorgeous and im really not surprised theyre such smart dogs real problem solvers best wishes to your friend mate hope she gets well soon x
lotabob Posted - 22/09/2011 : 22:31:59
Aww a spotty dog, so lovely. I had to change all my door handles to round ones as my little terrier figured them out and just gave himself the run of the house, thought I was going bonkers not closing doors but I caught him doing it after a week of doors opening themsleves.
Mort13 Posted - 22/09/2011 : 22:30:39
She is lovely. Sounds like your Sparkle is as bright as her name too!
tarotpodge Posted - 22/09/2011 : 22:06:12
She is strong and stuborn, very smart and pushing the boundaries as its a new house. She is only 2. She is so gentle and my kind of dog. Im just glad i can help a friend and her children when things are hard. Hopefully the owner will get better and can have her back. But also (not wishing my friend ill health) would love her to stay. But she gives my shar pei x a run for her money strength wise. Sparkle is discribed as a bull in a china shop...literally. But she is clever as she can open doors using the handle....
paulie78 Posted - 22/09/2011 : 21:58:09
aww theyre all gorgeous mate ive worked in rescue centres/kennels over the years and had the pleasure to work with a few dalmations the one thing that struck me was their sheer brute strength theyre just so strong incredibly smart too kudos to you for fostering theres absolutely no way i could take in animals on a temporary basis once theyre through my front door they are here to stay lol
Katie.Dublin Posted - 22/09/2011 : 21:43:16
She's lovely!
tarotpodge Posted - 22/09/2011 : 21:29:58
She has settled in so well. Like she has always been here. In a way im hoping we can keep her, although trying not to get attched (not very successfully) incase her owner can take her back.
Auld Baldy Posted - 22/09/2011 : 21:23:58
I think you could say that she has settled in nicely. Looks like she's expecting a long stay.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000