The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Elvira, arabesque boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptmbradley Posted - 21/09/2011 : 12:43:01
Well she arrived safe and sound early this morning. VERY bad tempered to start with. I could hear her hissing and striking even before I took her tub out the poly box that she arrived in! But not really surprised she was so grumpy as she's done a lot of travelling and the breeder said she should be shedding in the next couple of days too.

Thankfully she calmed right down within just a couple of seconds of picking her up and she started exploring me quite happily for a few minutes. She's now settling into her quarantine home for a little while before she joins the rest of the bunch, but of course I had to grab a couple of snaps to show you before she went away.

If she looks this nice when she's in shed, I can't wait to see her outfit in a few days!

And a little bonus too... I got a nice size poly box to keep for use as a corn egg incubator in a few years! lol

Anyway, enough rattling. Here's just a couple of quick snaps. Will take better ones when she's settled and shed.

And a 20 second video clip here: http://flic.kr/p/ap6GYc

She weighs 145g and is about the length of my arm. Don't think she'll stay that way for too long... lol

Thanks for looking!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 29/09/2011 : 18:20:43
Sorry, more pics! Will try not to take any more for a while, but I can't get enough of the pattern and colouration on this gorgeous girl! Sorry about the carpet btw. Had a dog staying recently and not got round to getting the vacuum out yet... :)

ptmbradley Posted - 29/09/2011 : 15:22:29
... Just had her out again. Confident enough to get her out with bare hands for the first time! She was a little timid and hissy but not too bad and was fine within a minute or so. I measured her at 2' 2" and took yet more pics which I'll be boring you with shortly...
ptmbradley Posted - 29/09/2011 : 03:37:19
You're not wrong!! I can easily handle her aggression/defensiveness at this size, but if she's not under control as an adult I don't know what I'd do!! lol

Thanks Emmy1, I'm well happy with her. Hopefully one day she'll give me some arab babies. And then hopefully her grandchildren will include arab albinos and sunglows... :)

scottishbluebird, I'm going to have to get Cookie to a vet for clipping soon. Her claws were always sharp, but in the last month or so suddenly seem to have become razor sharp! She never used to mark me like this!!
Auld Baldy Posted - 28/09/2011 : 23:46:27
He-he! I'd be doing everything to get in her good books way before she got anywhere near full size.
Emmy1 Posted - 28/09/2011 : 22:43:29
I love the flecked/ textured look she has to her. Brilliant new addition.
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/09/2011 : 22:39:01
I thought she was bigger too! you deff need to cut the birds claws!!
ptmbradley Posted - 28/09/2011 : 22:23:16
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Now that we can see her real size she looks tiny compared to the first pics. Either that or you have shovels for mitts.

lol no I think my hands are pretty regular! She gave me a 30" shed at the weekend, so she must be over the 2' mark now and was only born in April. Hard to believe this little cutey will be an 8' muscle before too long! lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 28/09/2011 : 22:14:44
That's great that she's started to settle and you are both getting a bit of trust going.

Now that we can see her real size she looks tiny compared to the first pics. Either that or you have shovels for mitts.
ptmbradley Posted - 28/09/2011 : 20:30:13
Right, she's still quite defensive when I go to pick her up, but within a minute or 2 she seems to settle well, and earlier on I was even confident enough about her to let her crawl up my face! So grabbed a camera and here's a few more piccies...

The scabby cuts on my hand in the last pic are down to my African grey having razor sharp claws that need clipping! lol

Fank yoo all for looking.
ptmbradley Posted - 22/09/2011 : 21:45:53
yeah that's what I'm hoping. She's only a few months old so is a nervous baby. She's stressed from a long day's travel and a new home. And she's about to shed. As we all know, they're all triggers for this sort of behaviour, and I've got all 3 at once going on! Hopefully after a shed and when she feels more at home, she'll calm a bit. Here's hoping! lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 22/09/2011 : 21:32:01
She might just still be uncertain with the re-location. Pre-shed on top and she's bound to be a bit testy. I hope she settles down soon.
ptmbradley Posted - 22/09/2011 : 19:02:40
Thanks guys. I think she looks gorgeous, but OMG is she a mean madam! I planned to let her settle for a few days, but she soaked her kitchen roll just now so I had to fish her out while I changed it all. She went for me about half a dozen times before I wussed out and put long sleeves and gloves on! And even when she was out she kept going for me! I'm hoping she's SO moody coz she's about to reveal her new colours, but I guess it's gonna take a lot more handling to tame her down. Gulp!
HannahB Posted - 22/09/2011 : 18:24:03
beautiful
congrats shes stunning!
Mort13 Posted - 22/09/2011 : 18:09:07
She is a beautiful young lady. Looking forward to post shed pics.
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/09/2011 : 01:24:03
She is a stunner
lotabob Posted - 22/09/2011 : 00:04:12
Awww poor litttle grumpy Boa. Beautiful.
fluffycorn Posted - 21/09/2011 : 21:20:43
beautiful ... i bet you are very happy with her
Mamma Posted - 21/09/2011 : 14:45:10
shes lovely
Auld Baldy Posted - 21/09/2011 : 13:46:02
Absolutely gorgeous. I thought she was a big girl until I read the specs at the end of the post.

She will be a stunner when she grows a bit.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000