The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Who likes frogs?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manda88 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 13:15:03
I do!!

This is Diglett, he (really a she!!) is a beastly Horned Frog, and he's hilarious. He's bitten me a couple of times and it really hurts!!

This is Tito one of my 3 Amazon Milk Frogs

This guy doesn't have a name, can't think of anything suitable, but he's a Ranitomeya Fantastica, I did have three but unfortunately the other two died.

Cute little Felix, he has to live seperately from the other two milk frogs cos he's so tiny!

This is Jaws and Retardo, two of my five Whites Tree Frogs, they have those names because they're a bit special, Jaws is pretty obvious (look at his lower jaw!) and Retardo just moves really strangely, bless him, they both have/had MBD and neither of them can climb, so they have to stay seperate from my other three for the time being, maybe forever if they never learn to climb!

One of the two Dendrobates Leucomelas

And this is Oliver, she is my favourite of them all, I absolutely love her!

I haven't added photos of everyone, cos it'll take forever
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 25/05/2011 : 18:30:26
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

Lotabob, that is a brilliant suggestion for a name!! I'm so going to call him that, it's so apt, cos a few weeks ago he actually escaped from his tank (for all of about 2 minutes haha) but he's like flippin' lightning!!

Mort13 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 18:22:05
Aww they are gorgeous,I adore Amazon milk frogs and have toyed with the idea of a horned frog for a while but never actually done anything about it.
My son would love frogs,he wants to save frogs from extinction when he's grown up and I've had to paint frogs and snakes on his bedroom wall lol!
manda88 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 16:00:53
Aww bless her, she has great taste in pets already! :) Fire bellied toads would be a good one, they're active in the day and have beautiful colours on their undersides, semi aquatic, easy to look after, the only thing is that they mate aaaaaaaaall the time and their call is very irritating
Mamma Posted - 25/05/2011 : 12:31:15
she wanted other frogs but I want her to start on something very simple to care for as she is only 9. In a few years time if she is still interested I will get her something nice
manda88 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 12:19:03
Hahaha ptmbradley you know you want some!! :D
Ahh dwarf ACFs are cute! My sis has a few in her tank, they don't do a lot though, but I guess it's cos they're in with tropical fish and stuff, not sure whether they should be kept by themselves or not :/ I know nothing about aquatic frogs!
Mamma Posted - 25/05/2011 : 12:00:42
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

Thank you, guys! I'm glad you like them!
Mamma, what kind of frogs does your daughter have? African Clawed frogs and Budgett's frogs are hilarious!
The photo of Oliver at the end always makes me laugh, she looks like a gangster or something haha, bless her, she's so adorable.

dwarf african clawed frogs
ptmbradley Posted - 25/05/2011 : 11:55:43
Flippin 'eck Amanda! You got me looking at frog care sheets now...!!! lol

Must resist, must resist, must resist...
manda88 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 09:53:59
Thank you, everyone! Haha Oliver is the best, I have TONNES of pics of her, including lots of really cute ones :) The whites are just so awesome, they'll always be my favourites, so full of character and mischief! Really easy to look after too, I was panicking terribly before I got them (they were my first ever herps) but they're simple as anything, obviously not as easy as snakes to look after, I guess they're a little more maintenance, but once it's all up and running it's a piece of cake :) I definitely recommend them!
The milks are lovely to look at, but they're quite shy, if I go over to their tank then they'll quickly move round to the side of their branch so I can't see them! Little Felix has to live seperately from the other two, because he's about a third of their size, so I don't want to risk him being eaten! I think he's finally starting to grow, he's only about 4cm, and is at least a year and a half old, bless him. I keep these guys exactly the same way I keep my whites, so I'd say they're a pretty good beginner species too, however I do prefer the personality of the whites ;)
Lotabob, that is a brilliant suggestion for a name!! I'm so going to call him that, it's so apt, cos a few weeks ago he actually escaped from his tank (for all of about 2 minutes haha) but he's like flippin' lightning!!
lotabob Posted - 25/05/2011 : 01:14:50
I like the little blue one with the orange head, really cool colouration. I'd have to call it Gordon, Flash Gordon!
crazy JJ Posted - 25/05/2011 : 00:34:22
never knew frogs could look cute cute but im convinced they look cool :) hmmm bf wants one, may have to grant his wish now they look very pretty spec the milk frogs :)
ptmbradley Posted - 25/05/2011 : 00:31:11
I am LOVING that photo of Oliver! Unbelievably cute!

Some stunning frogs you have there.
thistle Posted - 25/05/2011 : 00:18:12
Loving the pic of Oliver. Lol.
eeji Posted - 24/05/2011 : 22:30:09
beautiful! Milk frogs are awesome, I very very nearly got some of these years ago and wish I did now :D
HannahB Posted - 24/05/2011 : 21:48:45
ooh gorgeous collection.. been wanting some whites for aaages!
love little felix
Spindle Posted - 24/05/2011 : 20:23:52
That photo of Oliver may be the cutest thing ive ever seen
stotty01 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 19:25:24
loving the horned frog! i like the albino ones:)
scubadude Posted - 24/05/2011 : 18:56:58
now those are some fantastic frogs, the one of Oliver at the end looks like she's about to do a stand-up routine
Lixra Posted - 24/05/2011 : 18:05:26
Frogs are the business! Can't wait for Froggie fest!!

You know I really have a soft spot for Oliver, but the picture of Diglett coming out of hibernation needing a wee is my favorite, you totally should post that one
vllb Posted - 24/05/2011 : 17:16:51
wow, what lovely frogs, I was a frog lover until I found corns and now I'm torn..I recently lost my big Whites female but I still have two asian flyers and a tomato frog, and I love Pacmans, we used to have an albino but he would only be forcefed and so passed away
kdlang Posted - 24/05/2011 : 15:20:29
That pic of Oliver at the end is really funny.

I love the Milk Frogs, they are really cute

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000