The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 proper pics of the baby Day geckos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:10:48
so dazb has a proper camera and can actually use it lol

baby Maddie hatched yesterday

and baby Maddie hatched earlier today, just in the process of shedding

again, to get the scale of how teeny tiny they are that's a plastic milk bottle top with their food in! though i'm always surprised how big they are when the hatch compared to the little egg they've come out of, must be a tight squeeze!!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 12:02:19
Oh wow,they are such cute little babies. Congrats!
animalcrazy Posted - 23/05/2011 : 22:41:57
They are very cute
FiestaSTLou Posted - 22/05/2011 : 22:23:43
ooo i likey alot :D to cute!
reptiledanny Posted - 22/05/2011 : 19:40:53
Wow that would be great if they were ready by donny and I could persuade the parents low
gingerpony Posted - 22/05/2011 : 17:33:49
they should be ready around Donny show time, i want to make sure they're shedding ok and eating the Repashy complete food first
reptiledanny Posted - 22/05/2011 : 13:57:33
damn, i wish you hadnt had sed that as i am very very interested and may have to start persuading the parents lol
as soon as these are nearly ready gp can you give me a pm on reptilian as i am very interested and have been doing quite a bit of research on these already
gingerpony Posted - 22/05/2011 : 13:03:16
at least 1 will be up for sale, i may hold back the 2nd one to hatch

but on the otherhand i don't want to end up with multiple set-ups as we've got enough on already and vivs everywhere, and i don't want her breeding with dad so in reality, both will be offered
reptiledanny Posted - 22/05/2011 : 11:17:31
are these guna be up for sale or are you keeping these beauties for yourself gp??
crazy JJ Posted - 21/05/2011 : 01:25:32
they look stunning, i am defo starting to like these more and more, may have to investigate these one day :)
HannahB Posted - 20/05/2011 : 18:42:14
ooh lovely
very cute!
MsThomson Posted - 20/05/2011 : 12:02:55
aw they are cute! What vibrant colours :)
reptiledanny Posted - 20/05/2011 : 11:42:00
Are yours guna be for sale as you are tempting me so bad, and I think the parents would like a nice display tank downstairs as well lol
gingerpony Posted - 20/05/2011 : 11:31:43
thanks for all the lovely comments

danny - i have my adult breeding pair in an E-T 45cm x 45cm x 60cm (the 60 being the height) which has lots of branches and fake plants
they're kept at about 31*C on the basking spot on the highest branch
they have a 5% UV bulb on during the daytime
they need misting once but ideally twice a day to maintain around 80% humidity
mine feed on Repashy diet (like fruit baby food) and locusts or crickets (don't need to dust or gut-load as the Repashy is a complete food)
i use quite wet cocoa husk substrate but i've used spaghnum moss and repti-carpet too

i actually find them really easy to keep now i've got my head round feeding them every day lol

they do stress easily and can't really be handled but i like having a really nicely done out viv and playing spot the gecko lol the male often sits head-down on the viv doors or the sides showing off but the female who is more nervous is often seen basking on branches or hanging underneath!
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/05/2011 : 09:36:38
Woo, nice.
I do like those, but have never ventured into them.
yet...
reptiledanny Posted - 20/05/2011 : 08:16:53
I can't believe I'm asking this but what are the care requirments for these little beauties?? Are they like cresties needing high humidity?? What food do you feed them?? Also what size terraroum would they need when fully grown
kdlang Posted - 19/05/2011 : 23:26:45
They really are adorable. I agree that it's amazing how they managed to fit into those tiny eggs. If I was happy with bugs I would definitely have one of those little beauties
lotabob Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:55:07
Much better lol, so cute. I do have a soft spot for Geckos.
gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:43:02
yeah they're fiddley little b**gers!! i might have to cover the lid of the Maddies faun with a pair of sheer tights to prevent escapees......last thing i need is loads of loose insects!
reptiledanny Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:36:06
haha, are they the pin head size crickets, and if they are i feel sorry for you. we had to use them in the baby crestie tanks and about half of them were on the floor and half of them were in the tank, and we only needed a few lol
gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:34:42
they're Phelsuma madagascariensis or Madagascar Day geckos, i think mum is a giant (P.m.grandis)but dad definitely isn't. Dad's got a lot of orangey red and they're particularly striking as babies. they've been offered a liquid gecko food though i've not seen either of them feed yet, i bought some teeny tiny crickets last week ready for when the eggs hatched but the crickets have grown too big already lol off to buy some more tomorrow!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000