The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 My new Dumerils Boa - meet Bo!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 26/09/2010 : 10:27:47
This is Bo! He's come to me from Allison (gingerpony) who's lovingly looked after him+got him healthy+feeding! Thanks so much allison!! He's 5 years old+soooooo handsome :) i am in love with him

How handsome is he??:

My first proper cuddle with him :):

Exploring his new home:

Hard part now is to stop myself just staring at him through the glass! No handling until friday, when il only give him a quick weigh+then feed him, then another 2 hands-off days :(

Tina x
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tinamiles Posted - 27/09/2010 : 07:47:13
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

he looks GORGEOUS! <3 (ok, i'm a little bit biased lol)

and his viv looks fantastic too i bet he's loving it

you are biased alison, but i agree with you LOL Glad his set up looks good! he's just chilling out with his head resting ontop of the cave hide! settled down very quickly after his initial explore!
crazy JJ Posted - 26/09/2010 : 23:59:37
he looks stunning :)
gingerpony Posted - 26/09/2010 : 21:23:58
he looks GORGEOUS! <3 (ok, i'm a little bit biased lol)

and his viv looks fantastic too i bet he's loving it

Dums generally grow pretty slow, you'd expect them to mature at about 8-10 years old
i had him a couple of years and with correct housing and husbandry and a few drastic measures, eventually he started eating F/T on his own
he was with his previous owner for a year or so but only fed 4 times in that entire time!!
i only bought him because i truly believe he was really quite close to dying, very dull, lethargic, sunken eyes, pinched saggy skin, and as he moved through my hands i could actually feel every single rib
i'm sure there's a good few posts about him in the archives on here
he's still small and a bit on the slim side too but a healthy weight for his size. it's just as unhealthy to over-feed or power-feed for rapid weight gain
tinamiles Posted - 26/09/2010 : 20:30:04
he's about 3-3.5ft, hard to measure him LOL! sure he'll grow fast enough tho!
lee2308 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 20:18:22
quote:
Originally posted by tinamiles

Lee, yeah he is CB05 (got the paperwork), he wasnt kept in the correct conditions for the first few years of his life so very rarely ate, but with GP's knowlegde he's piled on the weight. He is small for his age tho!

its sad that he wasnt taken care of properly,thought you might of put years instead of months,thinking that a 05 would be around the 6 mark,how big is he?
tinamiles Posted - 26/09/2010 : 16:49:10
Lee, yeah he is CB05 (got the paperwork), he wasnt kept in the correct conditions for the first few years of his life so very rarely ate, but with GP's knowlegde he's piled on the weight. He is small for his age tho!
lee2308 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 16:35:24
he looks cool,but is that right 5 years old
HannahB Posted - 26/09/2010 : 16:28:09
hes lovely - congrats!!
he looks so chunky and big in the first few pics but hes quite diddy really isnt he!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 15:54:34
nice boa, great name too! ;)
gmac Posted - 26/09/2010 : 10:29:27
Very nice indeed. congrats on the new one

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000