The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Rocky Regurged.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 14:55:50
I fed him Thursday night and this morning he regurged it (not really something you want to watch).

I took the mouse and surrounding substrate out right away but i am somewhat confused as to why he regurged. It was only his 3rd feed with me but i offered the same size prey item that i have the other 2 times. A crawler mouse which was roughly the same size as his widest point every 6-7 days. It had been 7days since his last feed.

He was being fed these in the shop aswell and i got the mice from the same shop i got him from.

Temperatures on the warm side are 32.2c - 32.5c and he has been curled up on the warm side since around mid afternoon yesterday assuming that he didn't come out somtime between 3:30am and 10am this morning.

He is in a RUB so is currently being heated by a heatmat.

He's 4-5 months old weighs 90 grams and is around 22 inches long (Guesstimate).

I'm going to leave him 14days untill his next feed, hopefully he keeps the next one down.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/06/2010 : 19:53:20
Thanks mike. I'll give him a slightly smaller mouse for the next couple of feeds and then start increasing from there.

I bought some rat fluffs the other day so hopefully will be able to give him them soon. Some of them are small enough for him to have soon, others might be a bit big but we'll just see how he goes from now.
mikerichards Posted - 12/06/2010 : 17:24:36
I wouldn't panic just yet, a couple of mine regurged recently, just put them onto something smaller the next feed, just to get him going again.
Regurging the once is not something to get in a worry over, if it keeps happening then be worried!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 17:46:34
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Before you feed it next, I would clear all the substrate from an area over the mat and put a hide over it with no other hide in the warm end so that he can definatley make good contact with the warm surface.

There is only 1 hide in on the warm side bt he dosn't use it. Infact he doesn'tuse any hide. He just either sits on his vine ina plant or under the plant which is in the warm end.

Next time i feed him i will take some substrate out from behind the plant as that seems to be his favourite warm spot.
matty18714 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 17:38:56
Before you feed it next, I would clear all the substrate from an area over the mat and put a hide over it with no other hide in the warm end so that he can definatley make good contact with the warm surface.
herriotfan Posted - 05/06/2010 : 17:19:36
Is it possible that you had a mouse that could have been 'off' Is that something that might upset a snake, just a thought, especially in the current heat.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 16:03:27
Thermometer and thermostat probes are touching the bottom of the RUB with a thin layer of aspen over it and held down with stones. The rest of the warm side also has a thin layer of aspen over it.
matty18714 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 15:00:17
Are you measuring the temperature from the bottom of the tub or on top of the subsrate?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000