The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Falcor ate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:04:54
Yo all

still my ksb is still not fully settled. After 4 weeks of him not eating with me I took him to the shop I got him from and they got him to feed. They left him in a small tub with some sand in and left him in the warm cupboard. So I've changed how I'm keeping him and started from scratch. I've got him a much smaller faun and am keeping him on sand not aspen as he is a ksb and that's wat he was kept on until I got him. He seems to love his new home and is alot more settled. Still having to try getting him to feed at home as he refused again. But they are known to be fussy so I just have to be patient.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 27/04/2010 : 14:20:25
after doing some online research and also watching some you tube vids im going to try feeding him by defrosting the pinky in chicken broth or diluted chicken noodle seasoning. by peoples response from this emthod when they have been having problem feeders it seems to work. chicken soup has been reccomended to me before so im finally going to try it. i would liek him to be able to feed when a pinky is offered to him instead of me leaving it with him which isnt working so well. also whats peoples opinions on sand as substrate. the shop i got him from used this and he seems to love it but i reading about mixed reviews. so im not convinced either way yet.
n/a Posted - 26/04/2010 : 21:25:08
Yeah but I didn't really know where a warm place wud be so I just put him in a small tub with heat matt under. The small tub was the exact one the shop used and had same sand a tissue in it. What warm places wud u reccomend that's just a general warm atmosphhere. Baring in mind it's warmer now so don't have my boiler on all day
DannyBrown91 Posted - 26/04/2010 : 21:20:30
Have you tried replicating what the shop did?

Put him in a small tub in a dark warm place. You could maybe try braining the pinkie too.
n/a Posted - 26/04/2010 : 21:13:53
Tried twice again but no luck. Just gotta try various ways with him. With him been a baby I want him to eat weekly not monthly. There are some pics on a previos post I put up I think. But will try get more. When I handle him he seems very calm tho not handling him too much due to not feeding.
Figs Posted - 25/04/2010 : 21:42:35
good luck with more feedings
i'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Falcor

if he isnt stressed out by it, do you think you could post some pictures?
i think KSBs are ace!
mozacchio Posted - 25/04/2010 : 21:40:14
Good luck with the pinkie..!
Glad is everything better now!
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 21:15:14
Lol yeah it is my childhood gave film. And the name falcor is a cool name for a snake I thought. The pinky is with him now. Just have to wait now he is out and about so hopefully will take it
Sammysnake Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:23:43
Glad he seems more settled - fingers crossed with the feeding. Just wanted to say I'm loving the names Atreyu and Falcor - Neverending Story if I'm not mistaken.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000