The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 FAO bluetonguedan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2010 : 14:37:50
how big a cage do you keep you bluey in and how big is he?

my dads getting a bit umm cuz alot of sites say they get to 2 ft and to keep them in a 3ft tank, i now that cannot be rite so...

edit-try to post all info on the first post-sexychef
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 26/04/2010 : 20:09:00
unfortunatly due to financial reasons i am no longer getting a blue tongued skink maybe in a couple of years time when i have a job and am out of uni then i will get one
Sta~ple Posted - 26/04/2010 : 08:56:41
Maybe it depends where you measure and they won't all grow to the same length and I guess gender differences are also a factor.
reptiledanny Posted - 26/04/2010 : 07:23:59
i heard they get about 2ft
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/04/2010 : 21:09:46
a 4x2x2 would probably be ok, althought they would benefit with a larger space. I read they average around 18inhes, is this about correct.
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:41:53
oh ok, cuz i was thinking that a 4ft by 2ft viv would be ok for an adult bluey? could you do a care sheet for me with your views and things?
BlueTongueDan Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:40:34
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

will it always be in a 4ft tank?

I doubt it. Id like to move him upto a 5ft viv when I can.
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:13:24
will it always be in a 4ft tank?
BlueTongueDan Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:06:53
I wouldnt keep an adult in anything under 4ft really. They are big(ish) lizards and are very active so obviously the larger the cage the better.
Mine is currently in a 4ft viv.
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2010 : 19:49:39
Your so lucky, the both of you Danny's. My sister, mum and myself have wanted a lizard for years and years now but haven't got one because of the bugs either. I think I can get over my fear of bugs if I can pick them up with tweezers and they don't move to fast lol. Maybe when I move out I can get one and make my boyfriend feed the lizard the bugs although that is unlikely as well since he doesn't like bugs much either XD

A bit off topic but have you seen the albino bluey? I think it's an albino one anyway lol I would love to know why it lacks pigment everywhere except the tongue.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/04/2010 : 19:39:51
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm

According to here a 36" 36" is good. I think this is he most well written care sheet I have ever seen for any animals *_* or a 36" by 18" seems like the minimum.
I would love one of these I keep seeing pictures and keep falling more and more in love but I would have to get over my fear of bugs *_* sorry for butting in >.< they are fascinating creatures though.

Indeed, i thinkwhen i do get a lizzard after i move out of my mums (won't let me have one becase of all the bugs) i may well get a bluey.
hillzi Posted - 25/04/2010 : 17:43:59
I spoke to him earlier, asked him the same question, he said a 4ft viv.
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2010 : 17:14:58
i am really interestined in blueys, but i want to now of danny how he keeps his cuz they grow to about 2ft so surelly a 3ft tank doesn't really sound rite?
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2010 : 16:14:03
http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm

According to here a 36" 36" is good. I think this is he most well written care sheet I have ever seen for any animals *_* or a 36" by 18" seems like the minimum.
I would love one of these I keep seeing pictures and keep falling more and more in love but I would have to get over my fear of bugs *_* sorry for butting in >.< they are fascinating creatures though.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/04/2010 : 16:00:26
I don't think they grow to quite 2 foot.

If you got the other rep photos danny has posted a link to an apparently good bluey caresheet.
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2010 : 15:54:49
i now that they need a large tank but want to now how large, i now that danny has one so...

sexychef, sorry for not posting in one, forgot to put the second bit and then it wouldnt let me edit it
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2010 : 15:44:04
I admit I don't know anything about them but I would have thought they would need a bigger tank to be honest, something like a 4ft. I think the issue with lizards is that they need a good depth to their vivs in order to turn around properly.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000