The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Finally got my kenyan sand boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/03/2010 : 21:28:01
Hello all
Sorry aint been around lately but minor set back pu me back a week from getting my sand boa. But he is finally here, my kenyan sand boa Falcor!!

more pics will come when i can handle him and first feed. Only got him saturday just gone.

Ade
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 25/03/2010 : 13:33:19
Very nice KSB
gingerpony Posted - 24/03/2010 : 14:34:34
congrats on the purchase
n/a Posted - 24/03/2010 : 11:36:52
He is lovely, I really would like a KSB, they look so calm and I love their eyes hehe :)
n/a Posted - 23/03/2010 : 07:18:57
He is A normal ksb tho their colours can vary. U can get more yellowy than orange
colours. His feed as a hatchling is pretty much the same as a corn. One pinky a week tho
they can go upto 3 months without food. (not that I'd try that lol) but won't grow as big as a corn so
feeding will differ when older.
Ade
Kellog Posted - 23/03/2010 : 05:55:48
Falcor has stunning colours and markings....he truly looks like a 'wild' snake - one you can imagine slithering about in the sand hunting down prey.

I hope the settling in period doesnt seem too long and that the first feed goes well. How similar is the feeding of them compared to corns? (totally showing my ignorance here )

xxx
HannahB Posted - 22/03/2010 : 22:29:11
aw he's cute in a kinda fugly way.. lol dont get me wrong i like them but the eyes on top of the head makes me think they have been hit on the head with a shovel..

i do like the bright colours though.. is he a 'normal' ksb?
BlueTongueDan Posted - 22/03/2010 : 22:25:54
quote:
Originally posted by Atreyu

Yeah he is awesome. considering ive read and heard that you hardly see them in their vivs he has been out loads exploring. Also cool watching him burrow through the aspen. He was very calm when i held him at the reptile shop i got him from as their was another that was very jumpy but he was very still and well behaved so knew he was the one for me. he is very tiny now as he is a hatchling and the males only grow to about 2ft. But get fairly chunky. his first feed is gonna be on sat :)

My male is the same, always out exploring and cruising around. A nose and two eyes is about all I see of my female though
He's an excellent looking KSB Congrats!
n/a Posted - 22/03/2010 : 22:05:46
Yeah he is so tiny. But sure he will start growing
before I know it. I love colours and way they look. It's what made me want a
sand boa when I first saw one. Just look so nice and they are slit calmer than
corns which suits me better :). The name is from the neverending story. Just
spelt without an e at the end. It's one of my all time face films. Forum name
comes from their also.
mozacchio Posted - 22/03/2010 : 21:53:41
Very nice snakie..!
Love the colours!
It's so tiny!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 22/03/2010 : 21:53:08
Lovely little snake.

I don't know much about sand boas but you will probably see him out and about the first few weeks as he is getting used to his new surroundings and exploring everywhere. Its after that they disappear lol.
Figs Posted - 22/03/2010 : 21:45:16
wow, he is great!
i love his colours and stumpy little nose :)

did the name come from Neverending Story?
n/a Posted - 22/03/2010 : 21:35:54
Yeah he is awesome. considering ive read and heard that you hardly see them in their vivs he has been out loads exploring. Also cool watching him burrow through the aspen. He was very calm when i held him at the reptile shop i got him from as their was another that was very jumpy but he was very still and well behaved so knew he was the one for me. he is very tiny now as he is a hatchling and the males only grow to about 2ft. But get fairly chunky. his first feed is gonna be on sat :)
ari Posted - 22/03/2010 : 21:33:29
now thats cool. hes so tiny and loks kinda aggressive. very cool though

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000