The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Kitten ate tortoise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hayleyb93 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 13:12:42
Came home yesterday, found tortoise on his back on the floor and his talk on the floor upside down and the kitten batting the tortoise around the floor. I put him back in his tank and he is fine and everything but now if you come near him he will try and bite or hide and and he hides in his shell if you give him food or go near him, he is also not eating and constantly trying to get out of his tank. Is he just still scared or what do i do about it?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/08/2009 : 14:42:20
glad hes ok now
hayleyb93 Posted - 17/08/2009 : 12:53:01
I have done all this and he seems fine now. Hes now staying over at my nannys next door being spoilt rotten by her. Seems fine now. thanks :D
Kellog Posted - 12/08/2009 : 22:38:56
Also keep kitten out of room - poor tortoise probably has heart attack every time he sees it! xxx
HannahB Posted - 12/08/2009 : 21:12:20
aw poor little tort..
hope he recovers soon
Remmy Posted - 12/08/2009 : 20:54:26
I also thought the cat had eaten the tortoise. It probably is scared after being batted around the floor. I would leave food in his tank, cover him up and leave him in a quiet place, give him time to calm down.
gingerpony Posted - 12/08/2009 : 18:13:53
he's probably quite shocked, keep his temps up, add something like ReptoBoost to his drinking water and leave him covered up undisturbed in the dark till tomorrow...... just a general recommendation, not tort-specific...........
do you know of any good tort forums/sites?
n/a Posted - 12/08/2009 : 13:35:13
when i read the title i thought the cat actually ate a tortoise!

sounds like he went through alot, it will take him awhile to get over it, the only thing i can think to do is place his food the other end of the tank that he is in and leave the room maybe he will eat if no one is watching?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000