The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 bosc monitors or bearded dragons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
punumbear Posted - 23/07/2009 : 18:40:03
my son has been buggin me about gettin a lizard i have put my foot down n said no for now as the three snakes are more than enough atm.
Just out of curiosity does anyone owns these and how easy are they to care for??? have been reading a lot of husbandry care sheets n im very neutral on them atm.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
punumbear Posted - 27/07/2009 : 10:59:43
checked out plated lizards the other day kehhlyr very interesting.. but as i said in no rush for anymore.. so shall just keep checking about .. cheers for ya suggestions though guys,,:O)
Tizzy Posted - 26/07/2009 : 10:00:55
My plaited is a bit of nut-case - can't handle him really but he's good to watch. I'm sure if i put the time and effort in he'd chill a bit more but he's calmed down enough to check over and thats good enough for me - i don't exactly have a shotage of reps to hold

Gerry live in the same viv as my big beardie *ducks disaproving coments* they've never scrapped at all, infact he likes to sit on Ripples head sometimes - see best buddies coming to get their hoppers in this pic.

Kehhlyr Posted - 26/07/2009 : 01:05:46
Or plated lizards are another good lizard.
Fairly easy to look after, and don't cost as much as beardies to feed, but don't have the personality either.
You can normally pick up the adults for about 20-25 quid.
Tizzy Posted - 25/07/2009 : 23:11:22
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

Uromastix are a good alternative, almost as much personality as a beardie, 3-4 ft viv still need the heating and UV but only eat veg so cheep to feed. Or there's Leo's, often seen as a starter rep but i've got right back in to mine recently. I now have 4 in together (1.3.0) and they've been fab to watch recently. Set up is simple (heat mat/stat/hides/moist hide) and they cost me about £5 a week to feed all 4.

have looked for these tizzy but cant find anywhere that sells them

Sorry spelt it wrong it's uromastyx, they are also often called Dab Lizards or Spiney tail lizards so may be worth looking under those names. My local rep shop sells um (Jurrassic Reps, in Bristol) i think they are about £150 for adults but have no idea what the going rate is really. May be worth checking out Preloved or something to find a some near you.

Oh unless you meant leos thats just me being too lazy to type leopard gecko
punumbear Posted - 25/07/2009 : 22:45:24
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

Uromastix are a good alternative, almost as much personality as a beardie, 3-4 ft viv still need the heating and UV but only eat veg so cheep to feed. Or there's Leo's, often seen as a starter rep but i've got right back in to mine recently. I now have 4 in together (1.3.0) and they've been fab to watch recently. Set up is simple (heat mat/stat/hides/moist hide) and they cost me about £5 a week to feed all 4.

have looked for these tizzy but cant find anywhere that sells them
matty18714 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 16:08:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I know

Jedi powers????

Yes, because im spending too much time on the dark side
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/07/2009 : 16:03:01
quote:

I know

Jedi powers????
PunkAsF82 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 16:01:13
beardies are a perfect first lizard. boscs are not I won't add more cause its all there
BlueTongueDan Posted - 24/07/2009 : 13:34:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

You can buy monitors at argos?

Yup, in the computing section.

lol!
matty18714 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 13:10:00
I know
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/07/2009 : 12:52:08
quote:

Yup, in the computing section.

Seriously, was a typo, meant to put Argus Monitor. oops.
Tizzy Posted - 23/07/2009 : 22:46:04
n/a Posted - 23/07/2009 : 22:31:22
i currently have beardies, they make up the cost with personality like everyone has said. Mine are nearly three months old and i've just moved them in a 4ft viv as they have grown so much!

I had a bosc when i was younger, im talking when i was about 6, the only thing i can remember was he was big and mean! any chance to have your fingers and he would, still loved him and its something im looking to have again down the line
punumbear Posted - 23/07/2009 : 22:29:48
lol ok cheers for that guys thats two scratched off the list then
Tizzy Posted - 23/07/2009 : 22:23:16
Beardies are fab, expensive to feed and need lost of space, heating and UV lights but have loads of personality. Mine are in 5ft vivs and are fussy so will only eat locusts they cost me about £15 a week in bugs + veg, fruit and the odd few worms i pinch from the geckos. Cheaper if they'll eat crickets and even less is you bread your own Dubia roaches but mine won't touch um. They are easy to look after once your set up correctly and are pretty bulletproof so if they skip a feed or the heat blows while your away for the weekend (been there done that) they get over it!

Boscs get HUGE can be like having a naughty toddler in the house and need a massisve amount of room when fully grown (also need heating but not UV), will eat anything and everything and will also cost a bomb to feed whilst growing although is eases off when they are fully grown.

Google some care sheets for a bit more info but a bosc especially is something you don't want to get into unless your fully informed, Hope that helps.
matty18714 Posted - 23/07/2009 : 22:09:24
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/07/2009 : 21:39:38
I have beardies, and want a monitor (argos, not bosc), so can't as yet comment on the bosc.

Beardies however need a fair bit of space, my 2 are 8 months old and are in a 4ftx1x1 viv, but that is gonna need to increase in the next couple months.

They're nice and fairly easy to care for really, provided the setup is done BEFORE getting them. Bit more costly to feed as well, but they reward you with entertainment and personality. Mine are daft, and enjoy the regular run around the flat.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000