The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 wondering what lizard to get

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 17/07/2009 : 18:29:25
i have a spare 2 foot viv atm and i can get all the needed things for whatever lizard i decide to get but i cant decide on what lizard to get. i would not like to change the tank in its lifetime particulary so something small and i could eve keep multiple lizards in there if it suited?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/07/2009 : 17:15:10
My Aeris tried to be the dominant beardie, pinning down Siyo Jina and doing the head bobbing, until I done it to him.
They're both wavers now and know I'm the boss. Still have to do it every so often, but any dominant male would have to re-assert himself every now and again anyway.

Shame it doesn't work with the missus.
Tizzy Posted - 20/07/2009 : 16:43:01
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Male beardies shouldn't fight like that unless they are around a female. I guess it also depends on the dominance of them as well.
My beardies have both tried to be the dominant one, but keep getting knocked off the 'top dog' slot by me.

Blimey - cant even let my 2 males see each other they both kick right off, when i looked after a friends for a week he smashed up his nose trying to get ot to scrap with mine too.
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 23:52:01
long tailed grass lizards would suit tht size of tank could do a pair omly prob being that there seems to be so few breeder in uk so most you find will be imports which present anothe potential set of problems else wise maybe a bark agama or anole
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 21:27:23
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

ill find out what there called when i go to put a deposit on my new addition on wed]

Pretty sure thats a Pygmy Leaf Chameleon Cute little thing!

and you would be right thanks for joggin the memory i think there great there shaped like leafs so unless you know there there then you might not notice them also saw something along the lines of baby tomato frogs they are pretty cool
BlueTongueDan Posted - 19/07/2009 : 19:25:38
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

ill find out what there called when i go to put a deposit on my new addition on wed]

Pretty sure thats a Pygmy Leaf Chameleon Cute little thing!
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 17:10:24
i saw the coolest thing in the petshop today while getting supplies,
they are so tiny you could house plenty in that tank if your interested ill find out what there called when i go to put a deposit on my new addition on wed]

might pick up a couple myself when i upgrade the snakes tank
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/07/2009 : 13:09:16
Male beardies shouldn't fight like that unless they are around a female. I guess it also depends on the dominance of them as well.
My beardies have both tried to be the dominant one, but keep getting knocked off the 'top dog' slot by me.
Tizzy Posted - 19/07/2009 : 09:54:52
Males will fight to the death once they're mature bit like beardies. I have 1.3.0 all in together, I also have 6 eggs in the incubator but so far haven't been sucessfull in hatching any. My sis has dibs on the first one if they do hatch, but then i'll be looking for homes for the rest
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/07/2009 : 01:16:04
Isn't that weird, they always say you learn something new every-day.
I didn't know you couldn't keep 2 male leos together. Do they get that bad if they're males then?

n/a Posted - 18/07/2009 : 23:00:55
yea alot of people find them boring. i dont. ive had a few over the years. The one thing i would say is get them young, as hatchlings, as out of the 3 i have, 2 of them ive had since 3 weeks old, i find that they have more of a personality, and much tamer then the one i bought at 3 months in a pet shop, probs as i handled the other two everyday since they were 3 weeks
Tizzy Posted - 18/07/2009 : 22:43:58
Yep i have leos, you could keep 2 in a viv that size (*note* you can't keep males together so male-female or female-female*) all you need is a heatmat and stat, no uv lights or anything. Leopard Geckos are mega easy to look after however some people find them boring because of this. I recently got 2 more geckos (now have 4) and they have been really great to watch since. Much more active. Might get a nice infer red light for them so i can see a bit more of them actually.
n/a Posted - 18/07/2009 : 22:25:59
the only thing that came to my mind were leos
there are some small species of day gecko maybe?
cant think of anything else at the top of my head
n/a Posted - 18/07/2009 : 21:22:30
if you can find one, get a fan footed gecko, two ft is plenty bigenough, my adult is only 7inches from nose to tail, but make sure is is totally escape proof as they can stick to any surface but teflon (aparantly) he is facinating to watch and is becoming more and more afectionate that i should be able to handle him soon, will be easier with a youngter, Dave was an adult when i got him. only my opinion tho. good luck with reptile shopping
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/07/2009 : 20:24:18
My lizards would all be to big for that, but I dunno about leos or crestys.
We have a few members on here with those, i'm sure you'll get a better response than this soon enough.
n/a Posted - 18/07/2009 : 18:49:49
there must be a lizard at the appropiate size that someone knows of?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000