The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Would my crestie like a friend?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/06/2012 : 23:57:00
My brother in law brought his good camera up tonight, he will send me the pics he took with the macro lens, i THINK Fudge is a girl, but will wait for the sent pics.
If i come across a rehome female, would they be ok together?, have to be same age? i dont want seperate rubs, more company for Fudge
or would she be just fine on her own?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 28/06/2012 : 20:58:19
Good desicion. They do miss their tails as well, its surprising just how much they use it and how useful it is to them being prehensile.
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/06/2012 : 20:02:17
This was a just incase a female needed a home, but think she will stay on her own, i love her tail, dont want to risk it!
Thanks!
Red123 Posted - 28/06/2012 : 19:06:31

quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Rofl Red, is that your subtle way of saying it's not a good idea? :p

quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Depends if you want complete cresties?

Whoa! have you had a bad experience?

All I will say is that there are very few complete cresties about that are housed in pairs or groups. I myself would prefer a complete one rather than two incomplete
Laws Posted - 28/06/2012 : 16:38:39
just keep an eye out for fighing or tail nips as i had three little ones all in a big exo and one was just slightly bigger than the others , he liked live food and ended up nipping one of the others tail , the end went black and he dropped it a week later . as long as the cage is big enough and u just check tails periodically they should be fine :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/06/2012 : 15:54:36
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Whoa! have you had a bad experience?
smart bunny Posted - 28/06/2012 : 14:49:30
Rofl Red, is that your subtle way of saying it's not a good idea? :p
Red123 Posted - 28/06/2012 : 13:26:57
Georgina Posted - 24/06/2012 : 15:36:33
females can lay eggs and then can have a calcium crash after wards, thats why i tried my hardest to sex goyle before i got him, he was about 7/8 months when i got him and in the last month i can confirm he is defo a boy lol

but i can imagine having them in a rub withut a soil/soft substrate will stop them feeling the need to lay x
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/06/2012 : 15:23:23
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

I imagine another female would be fine, similar size would be best so one doesn't outcompete for food or get bullied. How old is she now?

10 months, this is just incase one one comes along so i can pounce!

Thanks Georgina, and would just be female, my nerves couldnt cope with eggs!
Georgina Posted - 24/06/2012 : 08:11:03
Female and female I have been told is fine. And I think up to 3 females in one viv is normal but you have to add extra space for them. I think its similar size but not exact is fine. I have been told they are just as happy on their own as they are in pairs. But if you get a male you have to seperate for 3 month to give her a break, some people keep trios and not seperate but you have to watch for fighting xxx
Callazagy Posted - 24/06/2012 : 00:28:35
I imagine another female would be fine, similar size would be best so one doesn't outcompete for food or get bullied. How old is she now?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000