The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Boa Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a2c7 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 19:32:21
I've managed to confuse myself! Aysha has outgrown her rat pups and I'm unsure as to what the next step up is for her.

I understood that I should keep her on rats as she could get too used to mice and refuse larger rats when older, but some people head to mice as a middle step.

I am right in thinking that she should only be fed food as wide as her widest part, right? Unlike corns and kings who take size and a half of their widest part.

Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated - I know you're all secret boa lovers ;)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cobweb251 Posted - 04/07/2012 : 13:27:09
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha

the anacondas that i have, i feed mice and are now feeding them 2 lartge mice a sitting and am plaing on going to the next size up. bob and teo there perents are a little strange bob eats rats teo eats anything including hands....(first aider at work passed out when she pop out 6 teath out of my finger)

ummmmmm OUCH!!!!
Raksha Posted - 04/07/2012 : 12:41:57
the anacondas that i have, i feed mice and are now feeding them 2 lartge mice a sitting and am plaing on going to the next size up. bob and teo there perents are a little strange bob eats rats teo eats anything including hands....(first aider at work passed out when she pop out 6 teath out of my finger)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 20/06/2012 : 13:56:14
We got ours as an adult but she switches regularly from rats, to guiney pigs, to rabits and back again depending on what the pet shop has in at the time lol. I don't think they're notoriously fussy.
Redshift Spec Posted - 20/06/2012 : 11:39:07
I can't get hold of rat fuzzes so I've moved mine onto small mice, then I'll go large mice and then back onto rat hoppers when the time comes :)
chrisc Posted - 11/06/2012 : 19:47:49
yep as gmac said same as the widest part.
douht you will have a problem switching from mice to rats with a boa, mine has gone from guinea pigs to rats to guinea pigs an back to rats again no problem
gmac Posted - 10/06/2012 : 21:15:40
aye, widest part for boa feeding

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000