The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 tarantula

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 26/05/2012 : 20:23:03
anyone with tarantulas? just got one and he's been eating his cricket for like 2 hours.. normal?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 30/05/2012 : 19:04:22
Try bean weevils or micro crickets if you can get hold of them, I've had a T that was 2nd and it was tiny didnt stay small for long though. Careful not over feed it though, they become very liable to injury (they pop) when they are very full.
adamasrc Posted - 27/05/2012 : 15:07:52
chile rose and a mexican red rump, which is so damn tiny!! its 2nd instar, having trouble finding it food.. the only places round me just sell small-medium crickets, which i've been injuring and putting in..
lotabob Posted - 26/05/2012 : 23:45:53
What type did you get?
adamasrc Posted - 26/05/2012 : 23:42:26
ah okay, thank you :)
lotabob Posted - 26/05/2012 : 23:09:48
You try eating something using only the enzymes in your saliva to liquefy your meal and then suck it up through a tiny straw. lol.

Its normal to take ages, they dont actually have a mouth as we perceive a mouth, just a hole they suck the liquefied cricket up. After they have finished any solids will be rolled into a ball and carried into the area they choose to deposit their waste and you can lift them out. Oh and once they have finished they will clean their fangs, and mouth area for ages, they are very clean animals.
adamasrc Posted - 26/05/2012 : 21:09:40
anyonee?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000