The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Crestie Advice Please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:27:54
Well we now have a crested gecko moving in on saturday lol. We have had the exo terra up and running for a couple of weeks now so things seem to have settled down regarding temps/humidity. I just want to query the temps and humidity with other crestie owners. I have read so many care sheets and all say different. So is how things are at the mment.
temps are 24-25c in the hottest part and 19-23c in the cooler areas At night themps drop to 19-20c, Do these sound about right to you?

Humidity stays around 50% during the day when the infrared heat light is on at night the heat light is off and humnidity rises to around 80%. I have the humidity probe in the middle of the terrarium is this the best place for it?

There is a moss hide on the floor on the right side and water dish on the left side.

A photo of his home as well

Any comments/advice/suggestions will be listened to, Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/05/2012 : 20:28:18
looks great xx so is it a rehome? pics asap!
Georgina Posted - 03/05/2012 : 15:49:46
Brilliant, thanks, makes sense,one is a tat socket and the other is a timer socket. I will give it a go later.

Looking forward to seeing your crestie. X
Red123 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 15:28:12
The socket marked I is the socket you use for the heat source either a mat or a ceramic and the socket marked II can be used for a light. I used a mat in socket I and a UV light in socket II. Hope that helps :)
Georgina Posted - 03/05/2012 : 14:08:15
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. Mine has two plug sockets on it?!? And can I put a light on it? X
Red123 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:49:08
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

Looking good, only thing I have different is my humidity stays around 75 all the time and I mist in the evening.

Last night I was up tile 1 cleaning goyls viv out because he had started eating the bark. I would recomend kitchen roll until your 100 percent sure your crestie is pooing and such.

But viv looks good.

I picked up a bigger viv for goyle yesterday and it had a lucky reptile stat with a double plug thingy but I have no idea how to use it?!? Any tips x

These instuctions are for a geko stat but it is identical to the lucky reptile stat they should help you http://www.gekozone.co.uk/files/Digital%20Thermostat%20Instructions.pdf I have to say that they are excellent stats mine is very accurate.
Georgina Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:42:44
Looking good, only thing I have different is my humidity stays around 75 all the time and I mist in the evening.

Last night I was up tile 1 cleaning goyls viv out because he had started eating the bark. I would recomend kitchen roll until your 100 percent sure your crestie is pooing and such.

But viv looks good.

I picked up a bigger viv for goyle yesterday and it had a lucky reptile stat with a double plug thingy but I have no idea how to use it?!? Any tips x

Red123 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:38:04
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

no suggestions but the viv looks fab :)

Thanks, all the work of my 14 year old son
ScalySituation Posted - 03/05/2012 : 13:36:01
no suggestions but the viv looks fab :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000