The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 market research ;)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 29/04/2012 : 23:33:08
hey guys, me and my friend nick ( cornynick27 ) are thinking about setting up a part time children's party service, letting children get 1 to 1 with animals they wouldn't normally see.

sooo.. what animals/reptiles/insects would you like to see if you were to book a party for your child?

alternatively

what reptiles / insects do you think children would like to see or what unusual animals do you think would work well?

thanks in advance
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 01/05/2012 : 18:20:22
something furry, like a super big bunny or a super tiny one
adamasrc Posted - 01/05/2012 : 18:18:51
sounds awesome :) any more suggestions anyone?
a2c7 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 15:39:31
When I was little I met a very large snake who was so dopey! Volunteers from our school (we were 5-8 years old) stood up and had the snake handed to us in a line, it was probably a common boa because their name stuck with me through the years. We learnt that snakes weren't slimey at all and were lovely things that were really heavy and strong.

This snake was really not bothered at all by anyone and calmly explored it's owner's body while he spoke to us about the snake and then happily entertained 10 or more kids. I wouldn't recommend doing that, but this guy clearly knew his snake didn't have a taste for 6 year olds.
tk72 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 13:49:46
here are a few links.
http://www.reefsreptiles.co.uk/
http://www.thecreepycrawlyshow.co.uk/
http://www.critterparties.co.uk/
they all have a variety of animals to see and hold. and good luck with it.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 02:30:44
hmm now puppys and kittens have died and its all because a certain someone didnt want a tegu!
selfish or what? LOL !!!!!!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 02:20:17
you see that wasn't hard was it? :) :) :)
p.s we need pic's of said tegu in
adamasrc Posted - 01/05/2012 : 01:09:32
i'll get the tegu! just dont hurt anybody!! ;)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 01:01:35
TEGU! i have spoken!!!! lolz!
adamasrc Posted - 01/05/2012 : 00:00:32
i dont really have the room to house a tegu unfortunately, did think of a praying mantis however :)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 30/04/2012 : 23:22:59
seriously a red tegu i love these!
also preying mantis are pretty cool for insects!
rosy boas, corns, royals, african house snakes, garters, these are normaly docile species perfect for young uns!
adamasrc Posted - 30/04/2012 : 22:44:26
thanks everyone, this is brilliant! scaly, i have half of that.. a parrot that screams and hates me.. dont think it would work! ;) i've thought a lot about this and i know that the kids would be able to handle some of the animals and not others, i remember when i was knee high i had a party like this and the woman got us to lie down and a boa would crawl over our stomachs, was very fun! but there would have to be a lot of thought put into everything
smart bunny Posted - 30/04/2012 : 19:45:10
I wouldn't risk a hognose with other people's children just in case! My son has held a couple of different huge stick insects at a couple of venues.
lupi lou Posted - 30/04/2012 : 19:09:21
when we do road shows at college, we usually take the hissers, milli's and the beardie all of which go down well, we have also taken the corn and the sticks and landsnails in the past too. its quite fun to see the differnt reactions you get to them all too!!
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2012 : 18:38:42
Just be careful to get friendly animals, you wouldn't want a parent pooping their pants ect over a corn biting their child... small animals which children can hold would be good but the bigger ones you would probably have to tell them stuff from a bit of a distance lol

If you go the bird route go for small birds, ring necks are nice, talkative but they can be a bit bitey or bigger birds that moves are easy to predict - do not get a ****atoo :P

Big spiders, snails and other bugs would be pretty darn cool though. As would plated lizards, skinks and dragons, maybe leos

I would love to see a toucan :p
ScalySituation Posted - 30/04/2012 : 16:16:45
iguana that just perches on your shoulder :)

a very chatty parrot would be good too

I also second the tortoise :D
adamasrc Posted - 30/04/2012 : 15:54:27
brilliant, thanks guys!
Georgina Posted - 30/04/2012 : 15:06:54
Some hardy lizards, beardies, skinks, and a sulcat tortoise that can walk around freely :)
Red123 Posted - 30/04/2012 : 14:31:29
Yeah, kids love giant snails :) A tarantual for them to observe through the tank after all the kids are the future and a world with a few less people terrified of spiders would not be a bad thing lol. Unlike myself, I see a spider and I stand on the chair and shout for help. Stick Insects are usually quite popular as well.
mkmattyk Posted - 30/04/2012 : 08:01:08
What about some GALS aswel
mikeyd_26 Posted - 30/04/2012 : 07:56:28
tegu!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000