The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 DWA Mentoring

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 10:01:51
After reading about Serena08's friend wanting to own a rattle snake I asked myself why on earth would anyone want to own such a thing.
So I did a search for DWA mentoring in my area and found these people in Gloucester offering mentoring courses for DWA.

http://www.rainforest-reptiles.co.uk/

I am actually thinking of enrolling on the course but not because I want to keep a DWA hot species but for the experience of it and to extend my knowledge of reptile keeping in the fact you will be dealing with aggressive snakes and other aggresive reptiles.

Whilst I would never want have a Hot snake in the home, the thought of owning and keeping dwarf caemon croc does appeal to me and maybe its something I might consider later on in the future.

I'll keep the forum posted if on the cost of the course and also if I decide to enroll

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:29:16
It will be legal waivers lol. 300 page document stating you put your hand in its mouth and they aren't liable for your death. HAHA.

It would be an interesting experience but personally I wouldn't be putting myself anywhere near a venomous snake without a 6mm pane of glass between us.
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 11:20:03
Quick update
Spoke to Pilbarra on the phone in regards to price and availbilty for DWA mentoring and was quoted £300 this is for a 10hr course and the course normally takes place during the week this is usally fitted in taylor made for the individual but he also did state that this is subject to exceptance as you have to fill out various forms etc as they don't just let anyone attend the course im guessing this is to cut down wanna be Steve Irwins.
Ive not seen the forms as of yet so I cant comment on the information needed by them but will keep you posted on this.

Mamma Posted - 19/04/2012 : 10:04:40
I reckon the experience of the course would be good. But much like you I dont wanna own any species. As you said though the chance to gain more knowledge etc would be most awesome

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000