The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Texas Rat Snake or Black Rat Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 17/03/2012 : 07:38:50
Do any of you own either of these and if you do what is their temperament like, in your opinion? Oh, and what morph would yours be. Thanks.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 20/03/2012 : 18:50:03
Black ratsnakes are on my wants list (normals and leucistics), I don't think I've ever come across a nasty one yet :)
gmac Posted - 19/03/2012 : 20:51:23
Gingerpony has a black rat or 2, but think shes been abducted by Aliens lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 19/03/2012 : 20:10:16
Since the hostilities ended I have only had 2 minor nips from him. One was a missed strike at feeding time. The other was trying to untangle him from his high hammock to feed outside the viv. Lesson learned to wash the Eau de Mouse from my hands before taking him out. Little booger had me trapped by a Ju-Jitsu knuckle hold for 5 minutes.

He handles great even with young kids.
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2012 : 19:09:48
I don't have one but I would love a black ratsnake...
Red123 Posted - 19/03/2012 : 19:01:46
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

My Mirkey is a Grey Rat Snake. He was a Jack the Lad with an evil attitude reputation purely due to not being handled. After an introductory half hour of mauling, head slaps and impersonating a Rattle Snake, he curled up in my folded arms and we have been best buddies ever since.

I go with Graeme that they do look as if they are about to eat you but it is all bluff. Great character & temperament once the details of the truce have been agreed: Feed me, handle regularly and I won't crush your head or eat your ears.

Here's Mirkey working out his best diet plan.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21689

Mirkey sounds as though he has a great character. There is someone just 15 minutes from me that breeds grey rat snakes most years so may have to consider a grey as well. I quite like the way both you and Graeme say they look like they want to eat you lol.

Anyone else own Black or Texas Rat Snake?
Auld Baldy Posted - 17/03/2012 : 15:09:52
My Mirkey is a Grey Rat Snake. He was a Jack the Lad with an evil attitude reputation purely due to not being handled. After an introductory half hour of mauling, head slaps and impersonating a Rattle Snake, he curled up in my folded arms and we have been best buddies ever since.

I go with Graeme that they do look as if they are about to eat you but it is all bluff. Great character & temperament once the details of the truce have been agreed: Feed me, handle regularly and I won't crush your head or eat your ears.

Here's Mirkey working out his best diet plan.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21689
gmac Posted - 17/03/2012 : 12:25:17
have got a pair of black rats :D, cracking temperament but always looks like they want to eat you. They are always active a lot mre than the corns and trash the housing. These are good snakes to keep but again like all snakes can be temperamtal.
Mamma Posted - 17/03/2012 : 09:35:28
I think Gmac's got a black ratsnake. Im pretty sure someone on heres got a mental texas one too hahaha

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000