The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Royal cool end temps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 05/03/2012 : 15:29:21
We are thinking about adding a Royal to our family. It will probably be my son that buys it and he will most likely keep it in his bedroom using a RUB. I have concerns regarding the temps though. I am concerned that the cool end temp and ambient will not stay high enough in a RUB as his bedroom is quite a cool room and obviously mats do not heat the air. In your own experience what would you say is the minimum cool end temps and ambient temps for a Royal?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 08/03/2012 : 12:01:15
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

my royals are kept at 32-33 in the hot end and then at room temp in the cold end, which ranged from 19-25, but is mostly at around 20. and they all do fine

Thanks for that. Can I ask if they are kept in RUBS using a heat mat or Vivs with ceramics or heat lights?

my female who is currently away on a romancing holiday is kept in a 64ltr rub as she doesnt like vivs, and the male who was kept in a viv with ceramic bulb is currently being moved into a rub due to him not eating for a while, so hoping his appetite will come back and then hell hopefully get moved back into the viv eventually.
imo i htink rubs are the way to go with royals, as my male never does anything in his viv, and it only really looks good to me, not to him, but they can do good in vivs as well, and i dont want to turn this into a rub vs viv thread
Mort13 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 18:35:06
You've the exact same worry I had before getting Wilbur. My room tends to hover around the same temps as reptiledannys and Wilbur seems to be doing fine.
I have Wilbur in a 9l RUB with a heatmat as he's only a tiddler. I've stuck card round some of the sides to make it more secure for him too.
Red123 Posted - 05/03/2012 : 20:08:29
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

my royals are kept at 32-33 in the hot end and then at room temp in the cold end, which ranged from 19-25, but is mostly at around 20. and they all do fine

Thanks for that. Can I ask if they are kept in RUBS using a heat mat or Vivs with ceramics or heat lights?
reptiledanny Posted - 05/03/2012 : 19:26:07
Red123 Posted - 05/03/2012 : 19:11:35
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Care Sheet Info here:

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/royal_python_care_sheet.htm

Thanks Auld Bauldy
We have looked at this care sheet as well as several others but would like peoples personal experience/opinions on this. Care sheets vary so much, they give a starting point.
Auld Baldy Posted - 05/03/2012 : 16:19:53
Care Sheet Info here:

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/royal_python_care_sheet.htm

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000