The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Spot on or Tablet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 04/03/2012 : 08:10:28
Morning all

So my little fuzzball has got wormies :( and i was wondering which is the most effective way of treating them? tablet or spot on? i think i'd be able to get him to swallow the tab, so its just a case of which works best.

Thanks

Scaly and Angus
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 05/03/2012 : 18:25:08
He's been done, with a Bob Martin spot on
Red123 Posted - 05/03/2012 : 15:06:22
I use Drontal tablets for my cats. It use to be only available through your vet on prescription but you can now buy it online. Does all worms to.
ScalySituation Posted - 05/03/2012 : 10:58:24
Might be trying beaphar...
lupi lou Posted - 04/03/2012 : 19:53:19
ozzies mums right in that wormers that will actually work have to be sold by some one licenced they will also be kept locked up, the wormers you can buy off the self such as the doc martin and shirlys arn't very good and there have been instances where owners have been sold the dog wormer by mistake and it has killed their cat! i use drontal for my girls. licenced stores will have a member of staff trained to advise and sell approperate wormers so you could ask them their thoughts on which is the better option. i use tablets but thats because our spanials mental and won't let you near her with spot on!
Vince_the_snake Posted - 04/03/2012 : 15:22:54
when are cat got worms we used Advocat which treats fleas, worms and lots of other things.
kdlang Posted - 04/03/2012 : 12:57:41
I use spot on wormer from the vets for my cat. She tends to be sick after having the tablets. I'm not sure what brand it is but I think it's drontal.
ozziesmum Posted - 04/03/2012 : 12:32:06
For "proper" wormers you have to be licensed to sell them which is why unless the law has changed you can only get them from the chemist, feed merchants or the vets or online of course. When I buy them from the food merchants I have to sign for them and I think it's the same at the chemists.
ozziesmum Posted - 04/03/2012 : 12:28:20
Panacur is the brand name it's one of the ones the vets use but you can buy it without prescription, I had a persian/chinchilla cat that was allergic to the drops and was advised to use the panacur.
ScalySituation Posted - 04/03/2012 : 11:02:55
oooh :S thats something i guess
Georgina Posted - 04/03/2012 : 11:02:14
He's a lot better, on twice daily meds.
ScalySituation Posted - 04/03/2012 : 10:36:16
aww poor thing
Georgina Posted - 04/03/2012 : 10:34:12
Shop bought flea/worming meds, can in some cat cause fits, and if you cat has a underlying heart condition it could ne fatal. I always go to the vets. (I'm strongly opiniated as shadow has heart failure) x
ScalySituation Posted - 04/03/2012 : 09:37:18
thats a good way of doing it, cheap too :)

will see if i can find it later, is that the brand name or the product?
ozziesmum Posted - 04/03/2012 : 09:34:36
I buy Panacur it's a broad spectrum wormer you should be able to get it from the chemist or feed merchants or the vets but if you go to the vets for it they will charge a consultation fee, it's fine granules that you mix in some wet food. I pay £1.35 each sachet and do my 3 every 3 months.
nusnakemum Posted - 04/03/2012 : 09:12:37
yup stuff from the vets may be a bit more expensive but it does the job efficiently !
ScalySituation Posted - 04/03/2012 : 09:06:19
okies
Cheers
Mamma Posted - 04/03/2012 : 08:42:25
IN my honest opinion, pet shop worming tablets arepoopand dont work. Cats/dogs get different types of worms so depending on the type of worm depends on the treatment. I would ask a vet for the best advice. They might wanna take a stool sample to determine what kinda worms. xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000